Fall Decorating Ideas

Hi Dear Friends!
It's October and the Fall season is well under way! Here are some Fall Theme Decorating Ideas. And this is last years wreath photoed above, I'll post the DIY link at the bottom in the back links for anyone interested! Happy Decorating!

Photo Credit: Lorrie Everitt Studio
 Here is a nice idea for any Fall Mantle. The large ribbon woven through the lighted pine garland gives dimension and depth. The glow of the little lights is a nice warm Idea. The frames could be added in natural wooden shades or even just barn wood frames to change it up to a Fall Theme.
 I like the look of a side decorated wreath. I found this photo on the net for the idea of my Fall Wreath below. In my wreath, the eucalyptus, fruit, silk ivy, birds nest and fake bird give a feeling of Autumn and warmth. I still have to change out the Summer White look, but the wreath is in place :)
This  Grapevine Autumn  Wreath is just what my mantle needs. I'm still deciding what type of shades I will be purchasing for the lamps, but they will be darker and maybe textured. And the Winter Wites will be packed away for next year!
 Adding baskets to cover existing plant pots is a good way to bring some texture into the Fall Theme of Decorating. I have some glass beaded wire in this photo that has now been draped across my Living Room Curtain Header.  I think it looks great! And there is a bonus in that it gives extra color and dimension to the plain header.
Here is a  great color block chart to go by for Fall Colors from Fashion Web Graphics. The warm yellow to orange is typical of the fall leave colors, but try adding some greys, purples and tans for added color depth.
 Zinnias and Marigolds are great additions to any Fall Decorating Theme. See how the colors in the chart help to pick the fall colors in this bouquet? The oranges play nicely with the pinks and purples!
Here is an neat idea to bring some Autumn Scents into your home. The outside jars hold the leaves, fruit, spices and water and the inside jars hold just water to hold the floating candles.  I found that placing one fruit slice at the bottom of the jar then putting in the second (inside) jar keeps it all in place. Fill the sides of the larger jar around the inside jar the way you  would like it to look and with the items you enjoy for your home. add the water slowly as the last step before you place in the floating candle. I have also done this without the water in the center jar. Drop in a tea light and it makes a neat glow pattern in the candle!
 Here is a neat Idea for the pumpkins in a planter. I would add a rod down the pumpkins to keep them from toppling over. Or even a dowel would do the trick. The simple placement of large pine cones works nicely in this Porch Harvest Decoration!
 Sunflowers are so pretty, but they don't last long in cold weather. I have picked off the leaves and dried them for a nice potpourri for my Fall Bathroom. The seed heads will dry and I will be cutting them off and hanging them before the first frost.
Photo Credit: CJD.Sign
 I ran across these adorable Chain Saw Carved Sculptures and thought they would make a cute addition to any Outside Fall Decor. Or anytime of the year decor! These are from a local shop in Montrose, Colorado.
Photo Credit: CJD.Sign

I think this little guy is my favorite. I'll be picking him up shortly for my front door greeter!


Photo Credit: Under A Cherry TreeWhat a great idea for the Thanks Giving Table! Add a Thankful note at each place setting for  each guest to fill out. Add a cute little pumpkin with leaf name tag for seating place card!
 Here is a cute template form Sincerely Yours, Auntie Dena. She has used a paper pumpkin in her design, but since I have grown these small white pumpkins, I will be just using the leaf. You can use what you wish, the templates are at the link above.

All of these ideas are not my own and have been gathered around the net. If any of these are your photos, please contact me so I can give you photo credit! Tag it on the comments for this post! Thank You!

God Bless You All! 



Back Links:
Fall Decorating

Wreath Project ~ Fall in love with Fall
 http://stylingwithcjdsign.blogspot.com/2015/10/falling-in-love-with-fall-wreath-project.html

Autumn ~ Styling for The Home
 http://stylingwithcjdsign.blogspot.com/2014/09/autumn-styling-for-home.html

 Pumpkins ~ Fall Around My Home

http://stylingwithcjdsign.blogspot.com/2014/10/pumpkins-fall-around-my-home.html
 
Black & White Cute Pumpkins
 http://stylingwithcjdsign.blogspot.com/2014/10/black-white-cute-pumpkin-fall.html

FALL DIY Fix-ups for your home
http://stylingwithcjdsign.blogspot.com/2014/10/fall-diy-fix-ups-for-your-home.html

Comments

Popular Posts