A Wedding Journey: The Attire

 Hi, Sweet Friends!

Well, this is the final post for this series of Wedding Posts! So excited to show you what we came up with and how the budget ended!

We wanted some fun in this wedding, as we both had nice weddings before, we wanted some fun things to keep it light and filled with loving memories. 

Star Wars Rings. Photo: Amazon.com

Our rings are imprinted with words from Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back

This is a fun thing for us because we are Sci-Fi Fans! I also wanted something that Hubby would like to wear on a daily basis.

In the movie, link above, Princess Leigh says to Han Solo, "I love you" to which Han's responds, "I know".

For my Wedding Dress, I wanted something unique. In a color that was pretty and light. I chose a Flapper Style Dress with beading and sequins. I think it is just lovely!

I purchased my Dress & Cape from Babeyond  

the color is Apricot and I like the weightiness of the dress. My cape is cream and apricot and the same pattern as the one above in the Cape link. I pasted the description for this dress below. It has a heaviness to it because of the bead-work and I really like the way it feels and hangs.


  • Feature: Zipper closure for easy wear, long fringe, which moves beautifully during walking and dancing; Decorative beads and sequins, a show-stopping addition to your dress.
  • Design: Elegant beads and sequins embellished stripe and flower pattern; Sexy V neck; Double-layered fringe irregular hem, moves beautifully during walking or dancing; Side zipper closure. 
  • Material: Polyester fabric and soft fringe, beads & sequins; comfortable and breathable.

Hubby's pants are from Haggar Men's Dress Pants. These pants are comfort pants and have a bit of a forgivable waistline. They feature a flat front and no pleats (I love pleats and cuffs) or cuffs. So they fit like comfortable jeans.

Hubby chose "Heather" for the color. Photo: Amazon.com

Hubby's shirt is from Van Heusen Men's Dress Shirt. The crispness and "no iron" features of this shirt make it great for a dress shirt.


Hubby chose a small design in silver as his choice on the shirt. If you order via internet, remember to plan ahead for sales and discounts. We purchased these Hubby clothing items two months ahead.

Hubby's tie is from Cheap Ties. They have a wide variety of colors and styles to choose from. We chose a slight peach/tan color tie for Hubby, a silver tie for both the Best Man & Groom's Man. We did have a bit left in the budget and purchased a tie for our Pastor & my Father.

Hubby chose Peach in color. Photo: CheapTies.com

Here is our Wedding Costs Breakdown: Budget was $300.00

Our Rings came from Amazon  $33.63

Wedding Dress taxed out at $43

Wedding Cape $32

Shoes Bride $20

Dress Pants $56 on sale for $45 

Dress Shirt $36

Dress Tie Peach $7

Shoes Groom: black dress shoes, owned $0

Belt Groom: black belt, owned $0

 Total for Our Attire: $240.63

The end of this journey is just our beginning! 

Do come along with us! I will have pictures, ideas, and more that you can take along with you!

Some References: 

https://stylingwithcjdsign.blogspot.com/2019/06/free-wedding-printables.html

https://botanicalpaperworks.com/blog/free-printables-wedding-planning-binder/

-Thank you for joining Our Journey! 

A Wedding Journey Links 

Enjoy, CJD.Sign

  :D 


Let’s connect!


Aside from email, social media is another great way to pick up updates from me.
Follow me on Twitter
Like my Facebook page

Pin my pics on Pinterest
Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram 

Follow me on Photography Talk

Custom Gem Cutter Matt A. Dunkle
That lasts forever
 Captivating Christian faith based movies - Heavenly Deposit is real life and relatable. A good Christian family movies based on a true story of hope, faith, and grace.

Comments

Popular Posts