What Is Your Birth Month Flower?


Hi, Sweet Friends!

Dahlias

What is Your Birth Month Flower?
Do you know?

Well, in our historic past, Flowers had meaning and when given, they meant more than just their pretty looks and smell.
Pink Tea Roses
You may have been given Roses for Special Occasions.
Chamomile
Columbine is Colorado's State Flower.

 Flowers are used for many things from perfume to cleaners to medicine.
Alyssum is my favorite little flower and my daughter Alyssa was named after these little honey smelling flowers.

Do you know what getting or giving Roses means?
This post will help expose the secret language of flowers.
MUMS
I have some wonderful Garden Books that tell all sorts of interesting things about flowers and their meanings.

Birth Months & Flowers
January ~ Carnations
February~ Violets
March ~ Daffodils
April ~ Daisy
May ~ Lilly Of The Valley
June ~ Roses
July ~ Larkspur
August ~ Gladiolus
September ~ Asters
October ~ Marigolds
November ~ Chrysanthemums
December ~ Narcissus

Carnations

Are you surprised or did you already know what flower represents the month of your birth?
Zinnias Photo by Sweet Hill Top Farms
It would be a fun idea to grow your birth flower to celebrate You!


Sunflowers
Now for the meanings of these flowers:

January ~ Carnations are for Love.
February~ Violets are for Faithfulness & Loyalty.
March ~ Daffodils are for Renewal or New Beginnings.
April ~ Daisy is for Youth & Purity.
May ~ Lilly Of The Valley is for Motherhood.
June ~ Roses are for Love.
July ~ Larkspur is for Grace & Positivity.
August ~ Gladiolus are for Integrity & Persistence.
September ~ Asters are for Patience & Daintiness.
October ~ Marigolds are for Creativity & Passion.
November ~ Chrysanthemums (Mums) are for Friendship & Longevity.
December ~ Narcissus are for Hope.

Violets
Carnations and Roses of different colors all have different meanings and what fun to grow a whole garden that tells a story.

Asters
I love White Roses and have grown several varieties throughout my life. Hubby loves the Tropicana variety which is a sunset-colored rose.
There are many books that describe, in detail, how a dating couple from the old days would send his intended flowers.
Chrysanthemums
The flowers would tell of his intentions towards the lady. I find it very sweet and very romantic. 

Marigolds
I asked for white roses for our Anniversary. I hope I get some!

Petunias

I do hope you investigate more for yourself the meaning of flowers. And combined bouquets also have meaning.  I know remember someone giving their EX dead black roses, but I know I'd never want those! 
Violets
I hope you enjoyed this post! Plant some flowers this Spring!
Enjoy!


Let’s connect!
Aside from email, social media is another great way to pick up updates from me.
Follow me on Twitter
Like my Facebook page

Pin my Pics on Pinterest
Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram

 

Love and links are always appreciated!

You may also like:



Morning Glories In The Garden


 


Eating Herb flowers 


Best 25+ Christian iphone wallpaper ideas on Pinterest ...
I'm not giving up I'm sticking around to see what God will do. Micha 7:7

All photos are by CJD.Sign unless stated otherwise. If you want to use my photo, please give me credit and link to my posts. Thank you, CJD.Sign

  Our Sponsor: Matt A. Dunkle of Custom Gem Cutter
March Birthstone is Aquamarine.

Comments

Popular Posts