Morning Glories In The Garden

Hi, Sweet Friends,

This is a special post today. I love gardening and I love flowers! This year we have new gardening experiences and I hope you come along with us. We will learn what grows and what doesn't. We will be experimenting with many styles of gardening to see what works best in this new garden space. 


We will be trying out Morning Glories in several spots in the new gardens. "The moonflower and the morning glory are both members of the family Ipomoea and are close relatives of the sweet potato." How to Grow Morning Glories & Moonflowers Together, SF GATE

They are all "Sunny" location flowers which are perfect for our areas. They like poor soil, but it must have composted material to drain the water away. Leaves and grass composted mulch work great.

First, here is the list of Morning Glories we've chosen.
Morning Glory LIST:
Burpee

  • Sunrise Serenade
  • Zeeland Hybrid Mix
Ferry~Morse
  • Grandpa Ott
  • Giant, Mixed Colors
  • Milky Way
  •  MoonFlower- Evening Glory White
Livingston Seed
  • Picotee Blue
  • Picotee Red
Each of these Morning Glory varieties is unique and have beautiful qualities. 

Second, I've listed these flowers into colors for ease in designing their placement in the gardens.

 Because of the rocky locations, we will be adding the composted materials and sandy loam for drainage.

Photo updates will come in Spring which is just around the corner!

Enjoy!


Let’s connect!
Aside from email, social media is another great way to pick up updates from me.
Follow me on Twitter
Like my Facebook page

Pin my Pics on Pinterest
Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram 


Love and links are always appreciated!

All photos are by CJD.Sign unless stated otherwise. If you want to use my photo, please give me credit and link to my posts. Thank you, CJD.Sign

I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13 


Our Sponsor:

 Matt A. Dunkle of Custom Gem Cutter


Comments

Popular Posts