Our Red And Silver Thrifty Christmas!




Welcome Sweet Friends,
Merry Christmas!
Welcome to our home!
This year we wanted to be extremely thrifty.
So we scoured the thrifts, the Dollar Tree, Dollar Family, and Dollar Generals for any and all red or silver ornaments. The wreath, framed star, is also done in the same "Thrifty" way. But the goal was to not have everything look "Cheap". Many of the items were touched up a bit. I'll let you know what we did as we get on in the blog post.

This is the front door "wreath" done in a thrift store frame that cost $0.50 and a Silver Star, white & red berries from the Dollar Tree, each were $1.00 and some silk Poinsettias that I had in the Christmas Boxes. The Silver Ribbon is from my Grandmother Marion's collection. I am so pleased to be able to use it for such a grand occasion! Wreath Total: $3.50
I found this Silver & Red Bell Wreath at Walmart!
This was an after Christmas Clearance item from last year for $5.00 and it worked great for the kitchen door! And I love the sound of bells ringing! The clear hangers for the wreaths were found at Dollar General for $1.00 each, I purchased 5 for the wreaths around the house. Total $5.00


The tree topper was $5.00 at Family Dollar, as well as the red & silver glittered ball sets (these were glass and we thought a great deal!). 1 set of each red and silver. $5.00 each ($10 total) Family Dollar Total $15.00
 The little Santa shoes (4), hats (4), top hats (3), glittered angels (2), reindeer (2), red floral sprays (4), snow flakes (2), candy canes (2)and red birds (2 per pkg of 2) were all $1 each at the Dollar Tree. Total $25.00

The old ornaments that we used from our Christmas stash were silver and red balls, Antique Glass Santas, many of my childhood ceramic ornaments, snowmen, and my red polka dot soldier (51yrs old!).


The icicles were 2 in each pack (5). The sequined bulbs were $1 per (2) at Family Dollar. Total $7.00
 The berry sprays were $1 each(3) at the Dollar Tree. Total: $3.00
The red beaded garland was $3 per set (4) at Walmart Total: $12.00
The "D" ornament was from Walmart. Total: $2.00

I so love the look of this tree. I do want to say that many of the "new" ornaments were picked off the tree by the Grands and taken home to be placed on their trees. This was after Christmas, so it saved me some ornament packing, which I really didn't mind!
The "Noel" was a metal painted ornament in honor of Hubby's Father, Noel. I'm not remembering where we found it, but it may have been at the thrift. We found the large silver and large red balls at the Thrift. $5.00 for the 5 balls.

The 3 hanging Santas are one of our children's old ornaments. We also found red & silver glass bells with 4 bells to a pack (2) at Family Dollar. Total $6.00
I clipped apart the red sprays to make them easier to tuck into the tree. I like the look. And it makes the top of the tree fuller.  And a few white berry bunches were tucked in there also. A truly fun tree.
I hand stitched felt mice for the cats and a felt dog bone for Raider, you can see it right above to the bottom left of the photo. I stitched the date on the backs.

The cost of all the decorations for the tree came to 
a Final Total of  $88.50. That is a great savings for all purchased items! My budget was $100.00 and I came in under with $11.50 that I put towards Christmas Snacks!

I hope you like our Red & Silver Christmas Tree Thrifty Challenge!



Here is my Red Christmas Pinterest Link 

Enjoy!
God Bless You~



Christmas Themes

Christmas Thru The Years

50+ Stunning Ways to Decorate Your Christmas Tree

How To Decorate A Christmas Tree Tutorial by Your Homebased Mom

Beloved Christmas Memories

 Let’s connect!
Aside from email, social media is another great way to pick up updates from me.
Follow me on Twitter
Like my Facebook page

Pin my Pics on Pinterest
Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram



Comments

Popular Posts