How To Decorate A Christmas Tree Tutorial by Your Homebased Mom

My favorite Angel Tree Topper.
One of my first ornaments.




Hi Friends,
Now that the Thanksgiving Holiday and Black Friday SALES! have passed,  "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!"
 And I ran across the most awesome tutorial on "How to Decorate A Christmas Tree" by Your Homebased Mom. And I just had to share it with you! LINK  
LINK


I usually take a bit longer to do the decorations as I make my home flow from one room to the other in the same theme or color. I usually start with the tree, then the mantle, table, and incorporate a little "Christmas" in each room, on book shelves, on doors I hang indoor wreaths, and add theme towels & linens to make a comfy Christmasy look.  



After all, isn't it the look and feel that helps us all get into the Christmas Spirit?  So here are a few shots from our 2014 Christmas Tree and decorations. Enjoy!
Our 2014 Christmas Tree in Colorado, USA.
It is time to get the decorations out, fix or toss out any broken ornaments, ribbons will need pressing, hang up the outdoor lights and decorations, hang the wreaths with new bows, set out the Christmas Candles, potpourri, pine cones, decorate the mantle, put out the Cresh, start making the cookies and pies for the freezer, press the Christmas linens and write out the Christmas Cards!  Whew!! (She wipes the sweat off her brow.)
My Childhood to Adulthood Christmas Ornaments.
Some of my Nutcracker Collection.

Ever since I've had my own home, each year at Christmas time, I pick a theme and incorporate it though out the house. Last year was a "Children's Christmas" Theme since the Adult Kids & Grandchildren came to visit. 
This year for Christmas, I am decorating with a gold, silver and white theme. Since one of our Adult Children & Grandchildren are having Christmas at their home this year, we will be enjoying some much needed vacation time with them there. 

One of our most precious grandchildren Christmas 2013
I love to decorate for the Holidays and make a fuss about the day. I remember the beautiful cakes, pies, cookies and hot cocoa we would make and enjoy during the Holiday Time at our homes.  I know that I am a sentimental lady, loving the memories old and new, but this time of year is one of my very favorite times of the year and I look forward to it all year long. 



Merry Christmas To You ALL!


Again, the tutorial link!

http://www.yourhomebasedmom.com/how-to-decorate-a-christmas-tree-tutorial/comment-page-1/#comment-909012
Enjoy!
CJD.Sign

Comments

Popular Posts