Decorating The Fireplace For Christmas

My Christmas Fireplace by CJD.Sign

Hi, Sweet Friends!

Decorating a Fireplace for Christmas is one of my very favorite things to do next to decorating the Christmas Tree!

 Each year, my decorations are changed up. I have the typical Christmas Tree of colored lights, balls, red garland or ribbon, and old ornaments the kids had that I call my "Children's Christmas". This year I will be parting out these decorations to the kids so they can use them on their tree next year! 

The next Christmas Tree style is the "Adult Tree" with white lights, glass balls in gold, silver, and white, white poinsettias, roses, or magnolias, and silver garland or gold ribbon. The tree glitters and the decor is amazing.

We have others, but these two above are the ones I am doing for this Christmas. The fireplace has no mantle or frame that garland and stockings can be hung on, so crafting a Christmas theme can be challenging.

I found an article with photo ideas I wanted to pass along to you.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/home-and-garden/10-ways-to-decorate-your-fireplace-for-christmas/ss-AAQ6VxU?ocid=msedgntp

In this slide show, there are many ideas that look amazing and work well with most fireplaces. 

That being said, I have adapted the fireplace decorations to enhance the beauty of the brick that houses it. 

My Normal Everyday Fireplace with Santas being added to shelves. by CJD.Sign

The large room-length hearth is home to two white cubical shelves, two white plant stands, and potted white lilies year round. 
White Cubical Shelves with Seasonal Flowers in Spring by CJD.Sign

White Cubical Shelves With Bears & Greenery in Summer by CJD.Sign

Christmas Santas & Stockings by CJD.Sign
To change this casual look to Christmas, I added a large lit garland across the top of the brickwork, and decorated it with a "Square Frame Wreath" that I used on the front door in Christmas' past.
The Garland is attached by wired loops to anchors on the brick wall. by CJD.Sign

By recreating and reusing your Christmas decor, you can enjoy your home for years to come.

The finished Fireplace is cheerful and brightens the room. by CJD.Sign

 To this I added red beaded garland strands, some of my stocking collection. and stuffed ornaments with red accents. I added three red Cardinals to finish the look. 

To finish off the Fireplace, that is not in working condition, I placed and antique mirror in front of the glass doors, I hung the Christmas Stockings onto it with fishing line (microfiliment), and added Christmas picks to the planters.

I am quite taken with the Christmas Decor and will use this idea again!! I do hope you like it and can get some ideas for your Christmas Fireplace Decor this year!

Enjoy, :D

Let’s connect!

Aside from email, social media is another great way to pick up updates from me.
Follow me on Twitter
Like my Facebook page

Pin my pics on Pinterest
Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram 

Follow me on Photography Talk


Custom Gem Cutter Matt A. Dunkle
That lasts forever
 Captivating Christian faith based movies - Heavenly Deposit is real life and relatable. A good Christian family movies based on a true story of hope, faith, and grace.

Comments

Popular Posts