Dried Beef for Chip Beef, Elk and Deer for Jerky ~ MAD Hubby

Hi, Sweet Friends,

We are making Dried Beef for chip beef, Elk and Deer for Jerky. We are moving and this way we don't lose the meat in traveling. We will be doing a micro-homestead for our Son & DIL at their place till we find our new home  

Any ideas of what to can to make space from the freezer? I was thinking of making jam with raspberries, cherries, apples, and peaches. 
 Drying Beef strips for Chipped Beef. Cut them into bite-size pieces when you are ready to make the meal. I use a Dry Rub of salt, pepper, garlic, and parsley. Then I use this recipe to make the Chipped Beef from Southern Living.https://www.southernliving.com/recipes/creamed-chipped-beef-toast-recipe

Ingredients:

  • 4 tablespoons butter
  • 1/3 cup flour
  • 3 cups whole milk
  • 1 teaspoon black pepper
  • 4 1/2 ounces dried beef, cut into strips
  • Texas toast slices (or biscuits, if desired)

 Directions: Please go to Southern Living LINK
For the Eld & Deer Jerky, my trick is to make a teriyaki sauce, marinade for 24 hrs. in the fridge. I pull the meat from the bag and pull it thru two fingers to take off much of the marinade. 6 hrs in the dehydrator, but check the smaller pieces at about 3 hrs.

 This is the best homemade Teriyaki Sauce Recipe for dehydrating or we like the Kroger Brand Teriyaki Sauce.Kroger Marinade & Sauce, Teriyaki: Calories, Nutrition ...Food seems to be the biggest thing on the agenda, next to Toilet Paper!


Enjoy!

Let’s connect!
Share the love & likes!
Follow me on Twitter
Like my Facebook page

Pin my pics on Pinterest
Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram 

Follow me on Photography Talk


Our Sponsors: Custom Gem Cutter
https://squareup.com/store/matt-dunkle https://matt-dunkle.square.site/
CJD.Sign LOVES Heavenly Deposit!!



Heavenly Deposit



2019 Most Inspirational Film Award for Heavenly Deposit!



 




 

Comments

Popular Posts