Canning and Jars For Dry Herb Storage

 Hi, Sweet Friends!

The garden is producing, but I can't wait to can toms, peps, jam, picks, and salsa!! The cupboard is getting bare! I love canning, do you? What is your favorite thing to can? I love canning Salsa, but we go through it so fast that this year I am doubling the recipe!

I'm also going to try to make apple sauce. I have done apple butter, but never apple sauce. I do hope it turns out well.
I save and recycle my jars throughout the year for spices, dried herbs I've grown, beans, and spice mixes. I keep them handy for MAD Hubby as he loves to add flavor and spice to many of his dishes!

  This is an awesome cupboard that slides out and fits all sorts & sizes of jars. There is a bottom shelf for larger jars and this is handy for hubby as he is cooking.
Lable jars for easy access. I started my system with red dots, but the dark pen does not show up well. I am switching to white. Here is the link to the system I use. LINK

This year, I'm trying to over-winter my Rosemary. I'll be potting it up here in a few weeks and getting it established before the first frost.
I will be keeping it in the greenhouse through the coldest parts of the season. 

The cupboard is getting bare. We have some jam, pickles, relish, and current cherry syrup (*HINT: I put it on Ice Cream & Yogurt) left. It is time to get the canning supplies together. Locate the all the boxes of jars since we moved, and take stock of the supplies we will be needing for the jam, pickles, tomatoes, etc.

Raspberry, Current Cherry, and Choke Cherry Jams! CJD.Sign
Cucumber Pickles, Zucchini Relish, and Zucchini Pickles.
What will you be canning this year? Do you can? Would you like to start? Here are some posts that I have done on canning to get you started on your way to canning wonderful foods for yourself and your family! They make great gifts, too! 

Friday Foods ~ Canning Foods For Later

Mrs. Wages Chunky Salsa for Canning ~ Friday Foods


Image

Pickles!


Canning Stewed Tomatoes

Blessings,
Enjoy!

Let’s connect!
Aside from email, social media is another great way to pick up updates from me.
Follow me on Twitter
Like my Facebook page

Pin my Pics on Pinterest
Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram 

Follow me on Photography Talk

 Our Sponsor: Custom Gem Cutter

 

Garnet Rhodolite Square Cushion Nine Square

$206.00
Regular
Gemstone: Rhodolite Garnet
Weight: 1.73 cts
Size : 6.51 x 6.51 sq,
Color: Red
Shape: Square
Cut: Square Cushion Nine Square Cut by Matt A. Dunkle
Clarity: VVS
Origin: India
Price: $206.00USD

 

Oregon Sunstone .42cts

$65.65
Oregon Sunstone .42cts
Gemstone variety: Sunstone
Weight: 0.42 cts.
Size: 4.70 mm round
Color: Red
Clarity: VS, Eye clean
Cut: SRB, Standard Round Brilliant
Shape: Round
Origin: Oregon, USA
Price: USD $65.65

Comments

Popular Posts