Mrs. Wages Chunky Salsa for Canning ~ Friday Foods

Mrs. Wages Salsa
Hi Sweet Friends!

This last tomato harvest has ripened on the windowsills and is ready to be processed into Mrs. Wages Salsa. This is a mild mix and I just had this last package, so I thought I'd use it on the last tomatoes. I really enjoy the fully from scratch type LINK, but if you are short on time, this one is equally as delicious! And if you eat as much salsa as our family does, there is never enough SALSA! 
Salsa made in a Boiling Bath Canner.

To this mix I add: 

4lbs fresh tomatoes, largely sliced
into the blender a little at a time. 
(sorry about the blurry photo!)
To this, If the liquid is not enough, add 1 large Jar/Can of pureed tomatoes.

 I add them to the large cooking pot with 1 large Onion, chopped small
 3Chopped Green Peppers,2 large Pobalno, and 4 Anaheim Peppers, Chopped

Mrs. Wages Create Salsa, Medium
I cook all this with the Mrs. Wages Season package for 20 minutes, or as on package.



I chop two cups of scallion greens, green tips only and add them after the 20 minutes; these will cook during the canning process but not over cook to mushy.

I add a half cup of fresh Cilantro to the mix lastly, 2T dried Cilantro.
Cook 20 minutes, or as directed. Ladle into canning jars. Seal. Process for directed in Boiling Canning Bath for Tomatoes, Tomato Sauce, Stewed Tomatoes, and Salsa.

I know I add more than just the tomatoes, as on the package, but we like a chunky salsa!
Enjoy!


Friday Foods ~ Canning Foods For Later

Comments

Popular Posts