Time To Crochet: Winter Hats

Hi, Sweet Friends!

I have been playing with new crochet ideas and found some fun things to do for Christmas Gifts & Birthday Gifts for Family & Friends. As I have been diligently crocheting only for about 10 years, most family members have at least one thing I have crocheted for them. I like to look for different patters and yarns for fun projects. 

 I had learned a quick chain stitch (the basis of all crochet projects) when I was 8 years old by my grandmother.

 My Grandmother, Marion Constance, whom I am named after, was a true materials artist. She loved to sew, crochet, and make ceramics. She was an artist with the paint brush as well. I will say now, I "dabble" with paints, but I prefer textiles to paints. 

On to the Crochet stuff...

Basic hat pattern alternating 4 black/5 purple stitching.

Weave loose ends through the last row of the hat, on the inside.

Alternate hat using black as a middle band.


All of the crocheted hats above are made with Red Heart yarn.
I use leftover yarn for the alternate color.
This is a bit of yarn leftover from a scarf project.
I love this 100% Acrylic yarn by Mainstay/Walmart. I find this is my "go-to yarn" for most of my projects like hats and scarves. This is easy to care for and remains in shape even if the owner pops it into the dryer.

To this Mainstay yarn I have added some fun light yarns:

Mint Yarn Bee Urban Chic YarnMint Yarn Bee Urban Chic Yarn

  • Yarn Weight: 3 - Light
  • Article Number: 41
  • Brand: Yarn Bee

SKU: 1346048

and Silver Fox Yarn Bee Snuggle Up Yarn

Silver Fox Yarn Bee Snuggle Up Yarn

  • Yarn Weight: 5 - Bulky
  • Fiber: 100% Polyester
  • Brand: Yarn Bee

SKU: 1514447

  from Yarn Bee/Hobby Lobby.

For the Snuggle Up Yarn I found a scarf pattern from Just B Crafty. https://justbcrafty.com/2018/01/romantic-neutral-scarf-pattern.html

  The Pattern  (note to change Romantique to the main yarn type and color -CJDSign)

Note: You will be crocheting both yarn strands together (Romantique and Snuggle Up)

With both strands (Romantique and Snuggle Up), chain 16.

Row 1: Starting in 6th ch from hook, dc, *ch 1, sk a ch, dc in next ch, repeat from * to end; turn.

Row 2: Ch 4 (counts as 1st dc and ch 1), dc in next dc, *ch 1, dc in next dc, repeat from * to last dc of row, ch 1, dc in 4th ch of chain from previous row; turn.

Row 3: ch 4 (counts as 1st dc and ch 1), dc in next dc, *ch 1, dc in next dc, repeat from * to last dc of row, ch 1, dc in 3rd ch from chain of previous row; turn.

Repeat Row 3 until piece measures approximately 68 inches or entire Snuggle Up skein is used up (you will end up using approximately 1.5 skeins of Romantique)

Cut yarn and weave in all ends.Romantic Neutral Scarf Pattern - Free Crochet Pattern by Just Be Crafty

CJD.Sign

  :D 


Let’s connect!


Aside from email, social media is another great way to pick up updates from me.
Follow me on Twitter
Like my Facebook page

Pin my pics on Pinterest
Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram 

Follow me on Photography Talk

Custom Gem Cutter Matt A. Dunkle
That lasts forever
 Captivating Christian faith based movies - Heavenly Deposit is real life and relatable. A good Christian family movies based on a true story of hope, faith, and grace.


Comments

Popular Posts