DIY Sage Smudge Sticks ~UPDATED PHOTOS and VIDEO~ Creative Day Thursdays

Hi, Sweet Friends!
Today, we are making Homemade Sage Smudge Sticks. I started the Sage this year from seed in a small Herb Garden that had Sage, Chives, Oregano, Basil, and Cilantro growing in it. All the herbs did very well growing together. 
Today, Day 1, I harvested the Sage just after the dew had dried on the leaves. I placed them on parchment paper to set overnight. Tomorrow, Day 2, I will use the Baker's Twine (cotton) to tie up the bundle of Sage and make the smudge stick.
Lay the sage out one day before binding up the bunches.

Here we are on Day 2 and we will be tying up the smudge sticks.
Gather the stems into a bundle.
Have the Baking Twine ready to wrap around the stems.
Wrap the Bakers Twine around the stems and tie in a knot.
Wrap the twine around the stems and start wrapping up the leaves.
Wrap all the way up the leaves.
Next, wrap down the leaves criss-crossing the twine on the way down to the stems.
Tie the twine into a knot to secure it.
Tie a loop for hanging.
Cut off the ends off straight and trim any leaves that stick out.
I used the
I will be letting these set for two weeks and then checking the smudge sticks to see how they have dried.
Sage Smudge Stick ready to dry for 2 weeks.by CJD.Sign
Now, I am going to be using these Smudge Sticks to keep down the molds in this old house that does have a bit of a mold problem. The Sage Smudge is also supposed to be good to keep the pet dander down.   While writing this post, I ran across this source of information on Sage Smudging. It has more information than I will go into here, so take a look at the link below, if you are interested. There are also some great photos on how to wrap the sage smudge sticks, as well as adding rosemary, flowers, thyme, or lavender to the sage smudge sticks. https://greatist.com/live/burning-sage-smudge-stick#2

*Allergy TIP* Since we are highly allergic to the pollen in the area, a neighbor gardener told us to get local honey. She said to eat a teaspoon of the honey every day or take a teaspoon of the honey in a cup of hot tea. This will boost the immune system and help the allergies. Of course, we are trying this one! Enjoy!
Let’s connect!


Aside from email, social media is another great way to pick up updates from me.
Follow me on Twitter
Like my Facebook page

Pin my pics on Pinterest
Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram 

Follow me on Photography Talk


Our Sponsor: Custom Gem Cutter http:customgemcutter.com

That lasts forever!
CJD.Sign LOVES Heavenly Deposit!!
 



Comments

  1. Love this I have always wondered how this was done . I love the scent thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are my favorite scents. Thank you for sharing this

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I do love the smell of sage, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts