Chef Carie's Chicken Pot Pie



Homemade from scratch
Chicken pot pie by Chef Carie Partin

 Hi, Sweet Friends,

Chef Carie, from Partin's Homesteading Farm To Table, will be our feature on Wednesdays!  

We are back with another delicious dinner from Chef Carie Partin of Partin's Homesteading Farm to Table! 

I love having Carie as our Guest Chef! We learn new and old ways of doing things. Chef Carie is such an inspiration! Today, Chef Carie is making Chicken Pot Pie. This is a favorite in our home, too!

This recipe is way different than the Chicken Pot Pie in the frozen section of the grocery store. The taste is amazing and the crust is flakey and light.

 "There is nothing better than homemade Chicken Pot Pie!" -CJD.Sign
I'm using farm-fresh herbs.

Homemade Chicken & Vegetable filling by Chef Carie.
I used the recipe from Delish.com for this homemade chicken pot pie recipe and have tweaked the recipe just a bit to fit our needs.





Ingredients
  • 2 Carrots, large **
  • 3 cloves Garlic
  • 1 Onion, medium
  • 2 tbsp Parsley, chopped*
  • 1 cup Peas, frozen**
  • 2 tsp Thyme, leaves, chopped*
    **(2 cups corn, peas, carrots,
    and green beans, frozen mix)
  • 1 Egg wash
  • 3 cup Chicken broth, low-sodium
  • 1 tsp Baking powder
  • 1 Black pepper, freshly ground
  • 3 3/4 cup Flour
  • 1 tsp Kosher salt
  • 1 Kosher salt
  • 1 Sea salt, Flaky
  • 1/2 cup Ice water
  Directions: Follow this LINK for the full directions.
 **Use 2 Cups of frozen veggies instead of the carrots and frozen peas above.

I will make this Chicken Pot Pie again as we love the creamy taste this recipe had. And the only thing I changed was adding Frozen mixed vegetable mix instead of all the fresh chopped ones they added. This recipe only had carrots and peas and we wanted to have a more flavorful pie.
Chicken Pot Pie by Chef Carie
I added Spring shapes of cut out flowers, a heart, and a duck to add a touch of character. The crust was light and flakey. This is a delicious filling pie for a homemade dinner!

So my dear sweet friends and followers, stay tuned to Chef Carie's Wednesday Posts, they will lift your confidence and your taste buds!

Enjoy!


Let’s connect!
 Chef Carie Partin of Partin's Homesteading Farm to Table.

Enjoy!



Aside from email, social media is another great way to pick up updates from me.
Follow me on Twitter
Like my Facebook page

Pin my pics on Pinterest
Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram 

Follow me on Photography Talk



2019 Most Inspirational Film Award for Heavenly Deposit!
CJD.Sign LOVES Heavenly Deposit!!


Heavenly Deposit






 

Our Sponsor: Custom Gem Cutter

Comments

Popular Posts