Growing Vegetables Tip #1, #2, and #3
Chef Carie Partin is here with some valuable information!
Growing Vegetables Tip #1, #2, & #3
"Though I have cooked for years and years, I learned a bit of information this evening that I wanted to share. I boiled potatoes for our supper but honestly didn't want to waste the potato water. So researching, I found some interesting information for those growing vegetables."
#1 Save the potato water, the pasta water, and
#2 When boiling eggs, save the cooled water for your plants.
![]() |
| Egg water is full of Calcium! |
| Use eggshells in the garden. These were added whole to keep snails and slugs away. |
| Eggshells are calcium for the chickens. |
Rinse milk containers and keep the "milk-water" for your Tomatoes & Peppers. |
#3 Another tip is to do the same with your dairy products like milk. Don't just rinse and toss down the drain, rinse the jugs and save the water to use when watering the tomatoes and the peppers. The calcium in the cleansing water helps them grow.
These tips are just a few of the valuable nuggets of information on recycling/reusing vegetables. I hope you can implement some or all of them in your gardens to increase the health of your plants naturally! Have a blessed week ahead!
Chef Carie Partin of Partin's Homesteading Farm to Table.
Enjoy!
Let’s connect!
Share the love & likes!
Follow me on Twitter
Like my Facebook page
Pin my pics on Pinterest
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Photography Talk
Our Sponsors: Custom Gem Cutter
![]() |
| CJD.Sign LOVES Heavenly Deposit!! |

![]() |
| Heavenly Deposit |
![]() |
| 2019 Most Inspirational Film Award for Heavenly Deposit! |







Comments
Post a Comment