10 Classic Pieces Every Girl Needs ~ Revisited

Hi, Sweet Friends,

I really do like these articles as they seem to be timeless. However, that being said, my posts are not staying full of the information that they start out with and are "not" timeless as I had hoped. So the remedy? I'm revisiting those posts that have simply had parts vanish! 

This article was originally called, " 10 Classic Pieces You Need In Your Closet" and was posted back on Oct. 1, 2014 LINK. "

"I came across this article by Cathy Hill on TheGlitterGuide.com and became curious if I indeed had these 10 classic pieces in my closet. I was interested to see if I could find similar pieces for less cash. I like the high quality, but who doesn't like a good deal. Right?

Cathy says, 'Every season brings the urge to splurge on trendy new items—but there’s a good chance that you’ll have no desire to reach for most of those pieces in a year (or less!). Our associate editor Kate Wong has gorgeously illustrated ten wardrobe essentials that are worth every penny. Mix and match these must-haves with the trendy infusions in your closet. The best part? They’ll be just as chic in ten years!'

 That right there is an intriguing idea! I want things to last for years to come. My budget likes that too!"

Well, here is what I came up with for pricing comparison for this updated/revised/revisited Classic Pieces article. 

  • a Trench Coat. Cathy picked this one:

    Zara Double Breasted Trench Coat ($169)
    Photo linked from ZARA
    And I found ones similar at Burlington Coat Factory HERE 
  •  "The second item is a pair of Nude Heels;
    'How lovely are these Kurt Geiger London Petal Pumps ($350)?!"

      And yes, they are cute and look comfortable. But a bit pink looking.
    Leather: Cowhide.Made in Spain."

    I found a pair comparable at LifeStride HERE  

    •  So on to the next item.

       A pair of Dark Denim Skinny Jeans. "We love rag & bone’s High Rise Skinny Stretch Jeans ($185) with free shipping",  says Cathy. And they are cute, but I just can't do skinny jeans. So I considered boot cut jeans or straight leg jeans. *go to the link for the photo, won't uplink*

      I found many pair just as cute in Skinny Stretch Jeans from Amazon HERE 

      I found bootleg jeans HERE

      •  Ok, so far I have found considerable price reductions for similar classic pieces. Let's keep going and see what else I can find~

        Next on the list is: A leather crossbody bag, the one featured is  "a leather crossbody bag—like this Coach Classic Ramblers Legacy Flap ($258)—will last a lifetime!", writes Cathy. And I do agree. Leather never seems to go out of style! *go to the link for the photo, won't uplink*

        And I found this bag HERE
        photo linked from Overstock.com

        Which I think just as cute. I even remember my mom having a leather bag similar.  Mine is more a feed bag look.


        • Next on Cathy's list is: 

          A Little Black Dress.  A must for any closet, I think! She found one here:  "We recommend adding to your collection!"

        I can honestly say that I found unique dresses at the link.

        • The next piece is a metal Watch. 

          Cathy says, " This Kate Spade New York Gramercy Bracelet Watch ($225) is a classic piece you’ll be wearing for years to come." This watch is gorgeous with its gold-colored accents on the white clock face. I fell in love with this one!  

          Kate Spade Watch

          I looked really hard to find one to come close to this Kate Spade model and since I had no luck, I found a whole page of Kate Spade Bracelet Watches for you to choose from!!  For me, I could find 5 or 6 that would be fine with me.  ;) 

          • Number 7 on the list is a Classic White Tee.

            "Cathy tells us that it goes with almost anything and is easy to style. She found this Tee at the Gap:  Gap’s Favorite Short-Sleeve V-Neck Tee ($14). A very nice quality V-Neck Tee. " *go to the link for the photo, won't uplink*

           I found these cute Classic White Tees HERE
          These are classy, cotton, and non-see-through! I think the cost says it all on this one. How about you?

      • Just a few more to go!

        Next up "Cathy says that "a statement necklace can transform any outfit. A standout piece like this J. Crew Crystal Venus Flytrap Necklace ($116.00) will always ensure an extra dose of chic".  The Crystals are Glass in the description."

        And I found a Pave Stone Necklace from Ann Taylor for $89.60 (my opinion, that is a good price for cut glass).
        photo linked from AnnTaylor.com
        This necklace is a bit fancier and in silver rather than gold.

        And the description calls the stones "luxe stones surrounded by sparkly pave", which I found out that this is another name for Crystals. Who would have figured?

        OK, I have to stop there. If you want a good quality gemstone or crystal necklace and you are willing to spend the money, why not opt for something real! I mean, you are not only investing in a piece of nice jewelry but you can leave it to the next generation as an 'Heirloom'. It seems a no brainer to this humble girl. In my post header photo I have a classic jewelry piece in freshwater pearls, sapphire beads, wire wrapped center faceted Sapphire cut by Matt A. Dunkle of Custom Gem Cutter.

Comments

Popular Posts