New Year's New Views
Hi, Sweet Friends,
It is a New Year and many of us struggle with weight. Food isn't just for living, for some of us, it is a pastime. It is what we gather around during Holidays. I mean, come on, dieting at Thanksgiving or Christmas just is plain sabotage for me! But here we are, for centuries, meals are where we gather. We enjoy others company by eating, drinking, and socializing. It is what we do. So why is it so hard to ignore our brains and cravings and get on with our healthy selves.
Thinking on this for this specific blog, I ran across a post from my friend, Mimi. Mimi is a no-fuss gal that has made huge accomplishments in her eating, weight loss, and just like me, struggles to keep it off.
1. I was anorexic until I had children at 22. I was told by the Dr to eat or my baby would die. My mother was a professional model, both my brother and I struggle with weight. 2. Hubby sabotages me with food. He is a chef. It doesn't matter what I request, he makes it "better". 3. Hubby tells me that when I lose weight, he doesn't feel secure. I know this is his problem, but he is husband #3 and NEVER cheated on me. 4. I have to tell myself, just because you are in pain, doesn't mean you have to eat to feel better. I'm blogging on this.
So, what is your 3? Do you struggle like we do? (Please comment below)
I remember a time that I couldn't put weight on for anything. I could eat everything and anything and nothing would stay on my bones. It was gross to me. I wanted hips, boobs, and not boney skin. Well, at 22 I got just what I asked for when I had my son, and when trying to lose the weight afterward, it would go down and right back up. It was like my body was fighting me every step of the way. Later, I would find out just how true this was.
When in my high school years, I would just drool over the Women's Fashions. "Lane Bryant" was the store I longed to fit in. Can you believe it? Being anorexic wasn't by choice. It was forced on me by mother. I loved veggies, still do. I would swap plates with brother when mother wasn't looking. He would eat all the meat off our plates and he would leave the veggies for me. It worked wonderfully, that is until we got caught. 😕
Needless to say, brother still likes meat and I am still a big fan of veggies. So, the question is, what am I doing that sabotages me in the end?
Thinking about this it's not too hard to see what or why. But how can I shut out the thoughts, the traditions, the habits, the over caring family members to be the healthy me that I truly want to be? You see, I've never been "healthy". I had been horribly underweight for 22years and now, for 33 years I have been called "Obese". I want to be "healthy".
This year's "commitment" is to be healthy. I know I will still be obese, I can't expect to be healthy trying to lose 33 years of fat in a year, but I will continue to eat healthy smaller portions, be conscious of the calorie intake, and continue to move. Yep, move these older bones. It is one of my therapy requirements, but I plan on making it more fun, not so tedious, and definitely change things up.
Join me, won't you? Are you ready to get healthy?
You can find me on MyFitnessPal.com under cjdsign
This isn't easy for me, but I know with support, I can do this!
Thank you, my Sweet Friends!
Enjoy
Check out these other great ideas from Pinterest.
Heavenly Deposit
is a faith film about finding hope and faith in a time of need! It can change your life! Get your copy today! I love our movie and have watched it over and over again! This is a real-life story that touches your heart and leaves you knowing that God is there, He is listening, He wants the best for you, and He loves you because you are His Child. You can watch the official trailer of Heavenly Deposit HERE!
Let’s connect!
Aside from email, social media is another great way to pick up updates from me.
Follow me on Twitter
Like my Facebook page
Pin my pics on Pinterest
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Photography Talk
Our Sponsor: Custom Gem Cutter
It is a New Year and many of us struggle with weight. Food isn't just for living, for some of us, it is a pastime. It is what we gather around during Holidays. I mean, come on, dieting at Thanksgiving or Christmas just is plain sabotage for me! But here we are, for centuries, meals are where we gather. We enjoy others company by eating, drinking, and socializing. It is what we do. So why is it so hard to ignore our brains and cravings and get on with our healthy selves.
Thinking on this for this specific blog, I ran across a post from my friend, Mimi. Mimi is a no-fuss gal that has made huge accomplishments in her eating, weight loss, and just like me, struggles to keep it off.
Mimi writes: "Ok, as we try to get our heads wrapped around the idea of giving two shits about what we eat and how we feel again, give me three (or more) ways that being or staying overweight serves you. Gotta get that mind working... mine is in the comments" below.
Mimi's answer: "1. people look right past my overweight self. No unwanted male attention, no catty female competition attention. 2. I don't face the rejection of "no, I don't want to do X with you, I'd rather just be a couch potato." 3. peanut butter, whenever, always."Here was my answer:
1. I was anorexic until I had children at 22. I was told by the Dr to eat or my baby would die. My mother was a professional model, both my brother and I struggle with weight. 2. Hubby sabotages me with food. He is a chef. It doesn't matter what I request, he makes it "better". 3. Hubby tells me that when I lose weight, he doesn't feel secure. I know this is his problem, but he is husband #3 and NEVER cheated on me. 4. I have to tell myself, just because you are in pain, doesn't mean you have to eat to feel better. I'm blogging on this.
So, what is your 3? Do you struggle like we do? (Please comment below)
I remember a time that I couldn't put weight on for anything. I could eat everything and anything and nothing would stay on my bones. It was gross to me. I wanted hips, boobs, and not boney skin. Well, at 22 I got just what I asked for when I had my son, and when trying to lose the weight afterward, it would go down and right back up. It was like my body was fighting me every step of the way. Later, I would find out just how true this was.
When in my high school years, I would just drool over the Women's Fashions. "Lane Bryant" was the store I longed to fit in. Can you believe it? Being anorexic wasn't by choice. It was forced on me by mother. I loved veggies, still do. I would swap plates with brother when mother wasn't looking. He would eat all the meat off our plates and he would leave the veggies for me. It worked wonderfully, that is until we got caught. 😕
Needless to say, brother still likes meat and I am still a big fan of veggies. So, the question is, what am I doing that sabotages me in the end?
Thinking about this it's not too hard to see what or why. But how can I shut out the thoughts, the traditions, the habits, the over caring family members to be the healthy me that I truly want to be? You see, I've never been "healthy". I had been horribly underweight for 22years and now, for 33 years I have been called "Obese". I want to be "healthy".
This year's "commitment" is to be healthy. I know I will still be obese, I can't expect to be healthy trying to lose 33 years of fat in a year, but I will continue to eat healthy smaller portions, be conscious of the calorie intake, and continue to move. Yep, move these older bones. It is one of my therapy requirements, but I plan on making it more fun, not so tedious, and definitely change things up.
Join me, won't you? Are you ready to get healthy?
You can find me on MyFitnessPal.com under cjdsign
This isn't easy for me, but I know with support, I can do this!
Thank you, my Sweet Friends!
Enjoy
Check out these other great ideas from Pinterest.
Heavenly Deposit
is a faith film about finding hope and faith in a time of need! It can change your life! Get your copy today! I love our movie and have watched it over and over again! This is a real-life story that touches your heart and leaves you knowing that God is there, He is listening, He wants the best for you, and He loves you because you are His Child. You can watch the official trailer of Heavenly Deposit HERE!Let’s connect!
Aside from email, social media is another great way to pick up updates from me.
Follow me on Twitter
Like my Facebook page
Pin my pics on Pinterest
Follow me on Pinterest
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on Photography Talk
Our Sponsor: Custom Gem Cutter





Comments
Post a Comment