Merry Christmas Banner ~ 6 Creative Day Thursdays before Christmas 2019

Hi, Sweet Friends,

It is November 14th and 16 Weeks Before Christmas!!
This year, I'll be doing a different project each week.
Last year, on Creative Day Thursdays Until Christmas, I did mostly Christmas Ornaments and Decor. LINK

 This is the 6th week of the 16 weeks before Christmas and we will be making an easy DIY "Merry Christmas" Banner! I have been saving the juice can lids for this project and you can too unless you know of someone who uses juice that you can get these lids from. You can use other types of lids, but I have found that the mini-clothe pins work best on these juice lids.

This year I decorated the mantle with lots of greenery, candles in red & white, a gold scalloped table runner, and I made these awesome little letters for the Merry Christmas Banner! I'm always looking to reinvent our Christmas Themes each year. This year, as in many of our past Christmas', I've created many handmade items.
This Merry Christmas Banner is very simple and can be done in a few hours. 


What you will need:
16 Juice Can lids (1 for each letter + 1 for the dividing "wreath")
*** I had five extra in case of a mess up
1 can White Glossy Spray Paint
1 can Black Glossy Spray Paint
Cardboard Box to spray the paint
Twine the length of the mantle or tabletop plus room to drape down ***Mine was 36" long with loops at each end.
1 package Mini-Clothes Pins
1 Pencil very sharp ***I sharpened as I went to each letter.
1 Sharpee Black Magic Marker

Directions:

1. 
Wash, dry, and place the lids on the bottom of the cardboard box to spray paint.
I used the Black Spray Paint first. This is black, the clouds are reflecting on the lids!!
2. Let dry for about 2 hours.

3. Do the same with the white and allow the paint to dry 1 hour or more.
4. The white lid side will be written on with the Black Marker.
 You can use the white or black side of the juice can lids for the divider between the words "Merry" & "Christmas". I used the white side and added a small wooden wreath on the juice can lid. The black looks good as well with a white paint marker used to write on the lids.
5. With the pencil, draw a letter on each can lid to spell out Merry Christmas. You can use any type of font you would like. I chose an old fashioned font.
6. Then trace over the pencil with the Sharpee Marker. Then fill in the letters by coloring in the lines of the letters with the Sharpie Marker.
You will have a few extras for mess-ups and for the divider.
7. When all the writing is done, the marker is dried, and the banner lids are ready to go up, clip a Mini-Clothes Pin to each one where it would hang it on the Jute/Twine making the words "Merry Christmas". 

8. I made loops at the end and attached them to the candle holders to keep it up. This is heavier than you'd think, so secure with clear packing tape if needed.
9. (Optional) I accented the ends with Christmas Ornaments. You can use your imagination and come up with clever ideas, too! I've used cards and tiny pinecones, too!

And there you have it! Your Christmas Banner is ready to go for the Holiday Season!

This is the list of the 16 Creative Day Thursdays Before Christmas💘

16. Christmas Chocolate Covered Cherries
15. Christmas Lavender Bath Bombs
14. Christmas Stockings
13. Christmas Aprons
12. Christmas Table Cloth & Napkins
11. Christmas Place-mats
10. Christmas Wreath
9. Christmas Cards
8. Christmas Door Sign
7. Christmas Throw Pillows
6. Christmas Banner
5. Christmas Dog or Cat Vests
4. Christmas Balls For 2019
3. Christmas Centerpieces
2. Christmas Decor &  Tree
1. Christmas Present Wrapping

Enjoy!💘 Merry Christmas!💘
Join me in being Creative!
Enjoy!

Let’s connect!


Aside from email, social media is another great way to pick up updates from me.
Follow me on Twitter
Like my Facebook page

Pin my pics on Pinterest
Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram 

Follow me on Photography Talk

 Our Sponsor: Custom Gem Cutter


https://squareup.com/store/matt-dunkle

Comments

Popular Posts