Cranberry Cherry Sauce Light ~ Friday Food

Hi, Sweet Friends!

Oh My GOSH is this Cranberry Cherry Sauce DELICIOUS!
MAD Hubby created a delicious side dish to our Thanksgiving Meal and I can't get enough of it!
Well, I'm limiting my portions so I can make it stretch longer!
Cranberry Cherry Sauce. CJD.Sign

I won't make you wait any longer! Here is MAD Hubby's latest creation!

Cranberry Cherry Sauce

Ingredients:
2 cups fresh cranberries or 1 pkg (12 oz to 16 oz.)
1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen cherries
FROM 1 Orange:
1 teaspoon grated orange zest

1 orange's juice (the juice of a med orange is 1/4 cup)
The juice of the orange & the pulp (Navel Oranges are best)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup Stevia or 1/2 cup White Sugar
1 teaspoon Vanilla

1 teaspoon Cinnamon

Directions: 
1. Wash the cranberries & cherries if fresh. Leave with juice, if frozen.

2. Place the fruit in a large cooking pot with the orange zest, orange juice & pulp, sugar, and the vanilla. 



3. Cook over high heat until mixture comes to a boil. Reduce heat and cook 15 minutes. 

 Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
 Use a pastry blender or potato masher to gently break the unpopped fruit.


 4. Stir until the sugar dissolves and the berries soften and you hear "pops", about 15 minutes. 

5. Transfer to a heatproof bowl until cool. 

6. Cover and chill until ready to serve. 

I really had wanted to get this out last Thanksgiving, but things slipped away from me. This time of the year is so busy and can get a little crazy! This Cranberry Cherry recipe is so simple and only takes 15 minutes to cook! I won't be buying canned Cranberry Sauce again!

We sure hope you like it! OH, and Oldest Grand, she put it over her Vanilla Ice Cream! She's a genius!!  😍😼😊😸😍😺🤭😻😁 

 Join me in being Creative!
Enjoy!


Our Sponsor: Custom Gem Cutter
 
Custom Gem Cutter, Tsavorite Garnet, Round SRB Cut


Comments

Popular Posts