Cloth Napkins & Tablecloth ~ 12 Creative Day Thursdays Before Christmas

Hi, Sweet Friends!
 A fabric table cloth and napkins are a nice addition for the Christmas Tablescape. Making these is not as hard as it may sound. Let me show you how!

We will start with the napkins. I used the instructions from Blogger Gina from GinaMichele.com


Supplies needed:
Scrap cotton fabric- you’ll need a 17 x 17-inch square to make each (I also made 11 x 11-inch squares for Snack Napkins) napkin.

Iron
Ruler
Pins
Sewing machine
 *I will be making 6-8 Napkins for this Christmas Tablescape. 

Directions: 
Follow the link below for beautifully Mitered Corner Napkins.

https://gina-michele.com/2019/07/how-to-sew-cloth-napkins-with-mitered-corners.html

Follow this link below for Martha Stewart Easy Napkins. 

https://www.marthastewart.com/1528002/rolled-hem-napkins

Now, we will get on with the table cloth. We will be using a standard table chart from Pinterest by Sally of Love To Know

Chart of Standard Tablecloth Sizes | LoveToKnow
Pinterest Source
Looking at the chart above, I am using the "Table Shape and Size" of Rectangle 60" x 36" (40") with a "Tablecloth Size Drop 8". I will need a piece of material that is 76" x 52" (56"). I am also making a small tablecloth that just covers the top of the table that I will use over the top of the larger tablecloth that will measure 48" x 30".

1. I will be prewashing the material so that any shrinkage will come before I make any stitching. I use a baking soda detergent on all my linens. I like the minimal smell of All ~ Free & Clear.
2. Next, iron the prewashed material as per fabric content setting on the iron.
3. Press 1/4 inch doubled seams plus the corner folds on Gina's Napkin directions.
OR
3. Press 1/4 inch doubled seams for Martha Stewart's Napkins
4. Follow the links above for the Napkins you decide to make.
5. For the tablecloth/tablecloths, Press 1/4 inch doubled seams and either leave a stitched edge, rolled edge, or stitch a ribbon, binding or lace to the edge of the tablecloth. 

I will be posting my finished pieces by the next Creative Day Thursday Post! Let's get creating! I do put on the Christmas Music (Early, I know, I know!) but it helps get me in the Christmas Creative Mood. And this being Fall, I have my cup of Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea on the table to enjoy! The aroma is fantastic!

Check out these other great ideas from Pinterest.

 Our 2019 16 Creative Day Thursdays Before Christmas List Below:
16. Christmas Chocolate Covered Cherries
15. Christmas Lavender Bath Bombs
14. Christmas Stockings
13. Christmas Aprons
12. Christmas Table Cloth & Napkins
11. Christmas Place-mats
10. Christmas Wreath
9. Christmas Cards
8. Christmas Door Sign
7. Christmas Throw Pillows
6. Christmas Banner
5. Christmas Dog or Cat Vests
4. Christmas Balls For 2019
3. Christmas Centerpieces
2. Christmas Decor &  Tree
1. Christmas Present Wrapping

Enjoy!💘 Merry Christmas!💘


Enjoy!
Heavenly Deposit is a faith film about finding hope and faith in a time of need! It can change your life! Get your copy today! I love our movie and have watched it over and over again! This is a real-life story that touches your heart and leaves you knowing that God is there, He is listening, He wants the best for you, and He loves you because you are His Child. You can watch the official trailer of Heavenly Deposit HERE!


Let’s connect!
Aside from email, social media is another great way to pick up updates from me.
Follow me on Twitter
Like my Facebook page

Pin my pics on Pinterest
Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram 

Follow me on Photography Talk

 Our Sponsor: Custom Gem Cutter



Comments

Popular Posts