Christmas Door Sign ~ 8 Creative Day Thursdays Before Christmas Year 2



Hi, Sweet Friends,

It is September 19th and 14 Weeks Before Christmas!!
This year, I'll be doing a different project each week.
Last year, on Creative Day Thursdays Until Christmas, I did mostly Christmas Ornaments and Decor. LINK

 This is the 8th week of the 16 weeks before Christmas and we will be making Outdoor Signs. These signs are very popular and make for a nice decoration at the front door! I love this JOY sign and will be making it this year.
painted joy sign
If you want to use wooden letters to trace, just follow the tutorial at Love of Family and Home .

If you want to use a saying or larger letters then try this idea below:
 To transfer the graphic image onto the pallet, I covered the back of the paper printed image with white chalk.  Make sure the whole surface is covered.  Then, place the graphic image on the wood (chalk side facing wood) and trace over each letter with a pen (applying enough pressure so the chalk will stay).  I was amazed at how well this worked.  And how easy it was. Then paint the traced words or image. Let dry overnight before placing it outdoors. We placed ours in the garage due to the paint smell.



We were lucky enough to be able to gather a couple of stacks of pallets for a couple projects around the house. The guys over at Drywall, Jesse & another team member helped us out and got us going with this project.  


I will be showing photos of how I have made mine!🥰 💘Done! I just wanted to say that this year I am making the 16 Creative Day Projects right along with you. The day I introduce the blog is the day I start and finish before the next Wednesday. The photos are taken while I am working and when I am finished. They don't always get posted right away, so I thank you in advance!

This is the list of the 16 Creative Day Thursdays Before Christmas💘 16. Christmas Chocolate Covered Cherries
15. Christmas Lavender Bath Bombs
14. Christmas Stockings
13. Christmas Aprons
12. Christmas Table Cloth & Napkins
11. Christmas Place-mats
10. Christmas Wreath
9. Christmas Cards
8. Christmas Door Sign
7. Christmas Throw Pillows
6. Christmas Banner
5. Christmas Dog or Cat Vests
4. Christmas Balls For 2019
3. Christmas Centerpieces
2. Christmas Decor & Tree
1. Christmas Present Wrapping

Enjoy!💘 Merry Christmas!💘
Enjoy!

Let’s connect!



Aside from email, social media is another great way to pick up updates from me.
Follow me on Twitter
Like my Facebook page

Pin my pics on Pinterest
Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram 

Follow me on Photography Talk

 Our Sponsor: Custom Gem Cutter




https://squareup.com/store/matt-dunkle

Comments

Popular Posts