Christmas Cards ~ 9 Creative Day Thursdays Before Christmas Year 2

Hi, Sweet Friends,

Hi, Sweet Friends, 
It is October 24th and 9 Weeks Before Christmas!!
This year, I'll be doing a different project each week.
Last year, on Creative Day Thursdays Until Christmas, I did mostly Christmas Ornaments and Decor. LINK

 This is the 7th week of the 16 weeks before Christmas and we will be making Decorative Christmas Cards.


Every Christmas Season, I sit down and write out our Christmas Cards. Most of the time I make my own cards, however, our church does a Christmas House Box and they gather up Christmas Cards for everyone to save on mailing. It is a great idea.  I hope to have all my Christmas Cards written out to those nearby the 3rd of December and mailed out to far and wide no later than the 5th of December.
I like to stamp a little decoration on each envelope before mailing.
This back of the envelope "stamp" is also a hint for me that I have double-checked the spelling of the name, that I have the correct address, and that they all have a stamp! A pretty easy system.
A handwritten card is special. I like the ones that are printed, too, and of course, I love opening a special ECard!
At Christmas time, the Post Office prints up cute and religious Christmas Stamps. These Santas go on our family's cards, the religious on all the rest. The Grandkids like the stamps too. I have collected stamps since I was a teenager; that's another post!
I stamp the design, then glitter the parts that need a bit of bling :) CJD.Sign
Here I have shown how I do them in shifts. I stamp all the card fronts with the design I want. I then highlight with glitter the areas that I want a bit of blingy pop!
The Deer Cards have white snow glitter on the pine trees. CJD.Sign
I even glitter the printed cards, just for fun! :) CJD.Sign
The mats I am using are from Close To My Heart.
Here I'll give a quick tutorial on how simple it is to make the trees look all snowy white or glitzy silver.
I used:
Blue Cardstock in two tones
Black, Green, & Tan Stamp Ink
Tacky Glue
Glitter in White & Silver & Gold
Mats from Close To My Heart (I've used newsprint, but it comes off on the backs of the cards. So plain white or brown paper would be good)
Paintbrush 
Stamps (these are Close To My Heart Stamps from 2007-2009) Any Christmas Scene stamps will do.
I take the tip of a paintbrush and dip it into the glue. Then decorate the places I want to glitter. I found the glitter in small multi-packs at Dollar Tree. The star, the trees, and the wheels of the cart are what I used the glitter on with these cards.
The tip of the brush gives me more control over where I want the glue to be placed. A brush end tends to smear the glue and make it look a bit less heavy snow-laden.
Place the glue where you want it. Cover the whole branch or leave some with just printing. Sprinkle on the glitter and let dry overnight for best results.
Or leave them plain with just inked designs if you don't want the glitter.
These stamps are from Close To My Heart from 2005-07
Using a Calligraphy Pen makes it extra special!

I will be showing photos of how I have made mine!🥰 💘Done!

 I just wanted to say that this year I am making the 16 Creative Day Projects right along with you. The day I introduce the blog is the day I start and finish before the next Wednesday. The photos are taken while I am working and when I am finished. They don't always get posted right away, so I thank you in advance!

This is the list of the 16 Creative Day Thursdays Before Christmas💘 16. Christmas Chocolate Covered Cherries
15. Christmas Lavender Bath Bombs
14. Christmas Stockings
13. Christmas Aprons
12. Christmas Table Cloth & Napkins
11. Christmas Place-mats
10. Christmas Wreath
9. Christmas Cards
8. Christmas Door Sign
7. Christmas Throw Pillows
6. Christmas Banner
5. Christmas Dog or Cat Vests
4. Christmas Balls For 2019
3. Christmas Centerpieces
2. Christmas Decor & Tree
1. Christmas Present Wrapping

Enjoy!💘 Merry Christmas!💘
Enjoy!

Let’s connect!



Aside from email, social media is another great way to pick up updates from me.
Follow me on Twitter
Like my Facebook page

Pin my pics on Pinterest
Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram 

Follow me on Photography Talk

 Our Sponsor: Custom Gem Cutter




https://squareup.com/store/matt-dunkle

Comments

Popular Posts