Christmas Stockings ~ 14 Creative Day Thursdays Before Christmas Year 2

It is September 19th and 14 Weeks Before Christmas!!
This year, I'll be doing a different project each week.
Last year, on Creative Day Thursdays Until Christmas, I did mostly Christmas Ornaments and Decor. LINK

 This is the 3rd week of the 16 weeks before Christmas and we will be making Easy Christmas Stockings.
Buffalo Plaid Christmas Stocking Personalized Christmas Stockings Wood Slice Name Tag Cone Rustic Christmas Plaid Flannel Christmas Stocking
Source: Pinterest

Here is the pattern I used:


23+ Great Picture of Stocking Sewing Pattern Stocking Sewing Pattern Christmas Stocking Sewing Pattern Arizona Reservation Ministries  #TrendySewingPatterns
Source: Pinterest
 I cut my Christmas Stockings out just like the pattern above but decreased it to 10" x 17" to fit a terry tea towel. 
Here is the way I went about making our Christmas Stockings like the ones on Pinterest above!
Our Terrycloth Tea Towel Stockings. CJD.Sign

What you need: 
l yard of Christmas material or 2 Buffalo Check Tea Towels
1/4 yard of accent material for the cuff. (Solid color or pattern; I used charcoal wool I had scraps of)
Thread & Bobbin of same color thread
Stick pins (I have the longer yellow ball topped pins from JoAnn's)
Sewing Machine OR Hand Needle for hand-sewing. 
1 spool of Burlap Ribbon (optional)
1 small Pinecone or accent ornament
Ribbon for hanging (or extra fabric)
Twine for bow


Buffalo Check Terrycloth Tea Towels. CJD.Sign
Directions:


1. Turn your material with the right sides facing together or Tea Towels folded in half.

2.  Layout the patterns with the stocking on the Christmas material or Buffalo Check Tea Towels. Pin the pattern to the material.
3. Layout the pattern with the cuff on the accent material. Pin pattern to the material.
4. Cut out the patterns and remove the pins & patterns from the material.
5. If you are hand sewing:
  • Thread your needle with 1 yard of thread, fold it in half and knot the end.
  • Stitch an overcast stitch around each of the doubled stockings you have cut out, leaving the top open. (Keep stitches close together)
  • Add more thread to your needle is you run out. Knot with a "Surgeon's Knot" at the end of your thread before you cut the needle part off. Stitch around the outside of the stocking and leave the top open.
  • Stitch the ends of the cuff together as in the instructions above, using an overcast stitch.
  • Add the ribbon to the back seam of the cuff. 
  • Pin the burlap ribbon down the middle of the cuff and stitch in place using running stitches.
  • Turn the stocking inside out and press flat. 
  • Turn the cuff right side out and press.
  • Pin the cuff to the inside of the stocking with the right side facing the fabric. 
  • Stitch the top of the stocking and the cuff together.
  • You will then turn the cuff from the inside over the top of the stocking.
  • Add the pinecone and bow to the stocking using tiny stitches.
 5. If you are using a Sewing Machine:
  • Thread your machine.
  • Stitch an overcast or zig-zag stitch around each of the doubled stockings you have cut out, leaving the top open.
  • Stitch the ends of the cuff (right sides together) together as in the instructions above, using an overcast or zig-zag stitch.
  •  Add the ribbon to the back seam of the cuff. 
  • Pin the burlap ribbon down the middle of the cuff and stitch in place using running stitches. (optional)
  • Turn the stocking inside out and press flat. 
  • Turn the cuff right side out and press.
  • Pin the cuff to the inside of the stocking with the right side facing the fabric.
    (with the wool cuff, I stitched it on the top of the outside-colored-side of the stocking)

  • Stitch the top of the stocking and the cuff together with a running stitch then a zig-zag or overcast stitch.
  • You will then turn the cuff from the inside over the top of the stocking.
  • Add the pinecone and bow to the stocking using tiny handsewn stitches.
 Hang your beautiful stocking to see how well it will look for Christmas!
My Stocking!

 When the pumpkins are put up and the house changes from Fall to Winter, I will be adding a bit of cuteness to the stockings. I'll see what the Christmas Boxes have or grab a cute floral pick from the store as an accent.
MAD Hubby's Stocking.

Look at these other great ideas from Pinterest!  

I will be showing photos of how I have made mine!🥰 💘Done! 

I just wanted to say that this year I am making the 16 Creative Day Projects right along with you. The day I introduce the blog is the day I start and finish before the next Wednesday. The photos are taken while I am working and when I am finished. They don't always get posted right away, so I thank you in advance!

This is the list of the 16 Creative Day Thursdays Before Christmas💘 
16. Christmas Chocolate Covered Cherries
15. Christmas Lavender Bath Bombs
14. Christmas Stockings
13. Christmas Aprons
12. Christmas Table Cloth & Napkins
11. Christmas Place-mats
10. Christmas Wreath
9. Christmas Cards
8. Christmas Door Sign
7. Christmas Throw Pillows
6. Christmas Banner
5. Christmas Dog or Cat Vests
4. Christmas Balls For 2019
3. Christmas Centerpieces
2. Christmas Decor & Tree
1. Christmas Present Wrapping

Enjoy!💘 Merry Christmas!💘

Enjoy!

Let’s connect!


Aside from email, social media is another great way to pick up updates from me.
Follow me on Twitter
Like my Facebook page

Pin my pics on Pinterest
Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram 

Follow me on Photography Talk

 Our Sponsor: Custom Gem Cutter



https://squareup.com/store/matt-dunkle

Comments

Popular Posts