Christmas Aprons ~ 13 Creative Day Thursdays Before Christmas

Hi, Sweet Friends,


It is September 26th and 13 Weeks Before Christmas!!
This year, I'll be doing a different project each week.
Last year, on Creative Day Thursdays Until Christmas, I did mostly Christmas Ornaments and Decor. LINK

 This is the 4th week of the 16 weeks before Christmas and we will be making Christmas Aprons. I use the instructions from 


Christmas Apron:


What You Need: 
Big chef apron:
– 1 yard/meter of the main fabric
– a piece of around 20 cm (8″) high and 30 cm (12″) wide for the pocket
– enough fabric to create 240 cm / 96″ long (see step 7).
– a safety pin

Little chef apron:
– 1/2 meter (1 1/8 yard) of the main fabric
– a piece of  around 17 cm (7″) high and 25 cm (10″) wide for the pocket
– enough fabric to create a 160 cm / 63″ long (see step 7)
– a safety pin


Directions:

Please follow these directions from StraightGrain.com
I will be showing photos of how I have made mine!🥰 💘
These are the Christmas Materials I picked out for the Girls & Grandchildren!. I've had them in my "Stash" for years, they are Daisy Kingdom Prints.

This one has a child on a polar bear and will be good for the family with a young girl & young boy, plus one for the Mom.
For Dad's, I am making short half aprons for them when they grill out. They will be in more manly prints.
I use the ripping method of cutting a small snip into the material and rip on the grain line for a good straight piece. I use this for skirts, ties, and aprons. Just make sure you measure twice before making the cut to rip.
 Measure, Measure, then make the cut. This Apron is in this same pattern, but I am doing it in denim and Airplane prints. I am also making it reversible with a double center pocket.
 I am using double seams on all seams, neck strap, and ties. The underarms do not have a facing piece, I just zig-zag stitched the edge and did 1/4" seam doubled. Pressed it works nicely.
 This is to show the whole piece. My work table is small.
 Showing the stitching. I set the machine at the largest #4 length stitch and #0 width straight stitch.
 Here is a picture of both of the arm areas.
 Overcast or zig-zag the hem edge and turn, press, and sew a straight seam.

 Double the neck strap and sew together, I pressed 1/4" seam edges under for a smother sewn piece.
 Pin the neck strap to the top hemmed area as shown. Tucking in the ends ensures a good hold.
 Topstitch 2 x's. Once on the edge stitch and once on the other edge stitch. just like on the strap.
 Here I am stitching the second straight stitch that will hold the neck strap in place.
 Pin on the pocket to the wrong side(if you are making a reversible apron) and then do the same on the other side with another pocket.
 Stitch starting at the top of one side, stitch across the bottom of the pocket, and back up to the top of the opposite side of the pocket.
 Now, do the same thing for the first side of the apron.

 Now, trip up the side if needed and stitch the sides.
 Add the side straps with a 1/2 side of a buttonhole stitch, as shown above. This will ensure a good hold on the ties.
 Sew the bottom hem and you are done! Press it all one last time.
Apron for my Dad, Joe The Toy Maker, in Denim & Air Plane print. Front side, CJD.Sign
Child's Snowflake Apron, CJD.Sign

Child's Bunny Angel Apron with green lace ruffles, CJD.Sign

These are not the full directions, I am just showing some of the steps and how I sewed them. These aprons were fun and so cute that I have made 10 of them and I am possibly going to make a new one for myself!! 💖💝

This is the list of the 16 Creative Day Thursdays Before Christmas💘 
 16. Christmas Chocolate Covered Cherries
15. Christmas Lavender Bath Bombs
14. Christmas Stockings
13. Christmas Aprons
12. Christmas Table Cloth & Napkins
11. Christmas Place-mats
10. Christmas Wreath
9. Christmas Cards
8. Christmas Door Sign
7. Christmas Throw Pillows
6. Christmas Banner
5. Christmas Dog or Cat Vests
4. Christmas Balls For 2019
3. Christmas Centerpieces
2. Christmas Decor &  Tree
1. Christmas Present Wrapping

Enjoy!💘 Merry Christmas!💘
Join me in being Creative!
Enjoy!
Let’s connect!


Aside from email, social media is another great way to pick up updates from me.
Follow me on Twitter
Like my Facebook page

Pin my pics on Pinterest
Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram 

Follow me on Photography Talk

 Our Sponsor: Custom Gem Cutter



https://squareup.com/store/matt-dunkle

Comments

Popular Posts