Chocolate Covered Cherries ~ 16 Creative Day Thursdays Before Christmas Year 2

Hi, Sweet Friends,
It is September 5th and 16 Weeks Before Christmas!!
This year, I'll be doing a different project each week.
Last year, on Creative Day Thursdays Until Christmas, I did mostly Christmas Ornaments and Decor. LINK

This is the 1st week of the 16 weeks before Christmas and we will be making Christmas Chocolate Covered Cherries. I use an old fashioned type of sugared cherries that are dipped in chocolate. The earlier this Chocolate Covered Cherry Recipe is made, the more clear the sugar will become.
Old Fashioned Chocolate Covered Cherries - Favorite Family Recipes
Source: Favorite Family Recipes

I make 2 batches and package them in a plastic lidded container with wax paper between each layer. I try to find plastic containers with red or green lids to theme them for Christmas Gifts. I keep them in a cool dry place until time to give away.

I have used this type of Chocolate Covered Cherry Recipe since I was a child to make Christmas Cherries for our family traditions. My traditional old fashioned Christmas Chocolate Covered Cherries recipe has been lost to time, but I have used this one from All Recipes for many years. Christmas Chocolate Covered Cherries is on the DIY Christmas List.

This is an awesome recipe. They say that you can make this recipe 2 weeks ahead, but I like a clear center and make our Chocolate Covered Cherries way ahead so the creamy center turns clear.

MAD Hubby doesn't know I am making these this year, so I'll have to be making ours in the kitchen late at night. Perhaps I'll put on a Christmas Hat while I work...or listen to Christmas Music!!

This recipe is so easy and has step by step instructions, so I'll just be posting up my quick photos, Sweet Friends, in this tutorial.  After all, this is a Christmas Post and we will need plenty of time for more tutorials to come!

*When draining the cherries, strain into a bowl to save the liquid for Shirley Temples when Christmas comes! Your young ones or guest will be impressed!


Here is the recipe I follow: From All Recipes


"Easy, delicious cherries. Just like you buy in the box! It's best to let the candies ripen for 1 to 2 weeks."

Ingredients:


  • 60 maraschino cherries with stems
  • 3 tablespoons butter, softened
  • 3 tablespoons corn syrup

2 cups sifted confectioners' sugar
  • 1 pound chocolate confectioners' coating

Directions: LINK

Use a large bowl to put the sugar in.
I found that draining the cherries (I couldn't fine stemmed ones locally) overnight, in the fridge, was the best way to dry out the cherries.
Powdered Sugar & Karo Syrup Dough
Level off the sugar with the back of a knife or flat pastry knife.
 Whisk the powdered sugar to break up any lumps.
Soften the butter ahead of time to room temperature. 
***DONT melt it!
 Have all your ingredients gathered?
 Mix the Karo Syrup into the butter. I found it best with a fork.
I thought to use the whisk, but a large spoon works better.

As it becomes thin, switch to the whisk and keep stirring to get out the powdered sugar clumps.
The mix will become a stiff dough. Don't over mix. Chill the sugar dough in the fridge until ready to make the cherries. Use small pinched pieces to make the small balls. Then press the dough into your palm as thin as you can get it. ***If the dough gets sticky, return it to the fridge to chill. ALSO, pop the dough covered cherries to the fridge to cool before covering with the chocolate.
**
*** Please follow the link below for the recipe directions; this is to avoid  Copyright Infringement.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/24698/chocolate-covered-cherries/

This is the list of the 16 Creative Day Thursdays Before Christmas💘
16. Christmas Chocolate Covered Cherries
15. Christmas Lavender Bath Bombs
14. Christmas Stockings
13. Christmas Aprons
12. Christmas Table Cloth & Napkins
11. Christmas Place-mats
10. Christmas Wreath
9. Christmas Cards
8. Christmas Door Sign
7. Christmas Throw Pillows
6. Christmas Banner
5. Christmas Dog or Cat Vests
4. Christmas Balls For 2019
3. Christmas Centerpieces
2. Christmas Decor &  Tree
1. Christmas Present Wrapping

Enjoy!💘 Merry Christmas!💘
Join me in being Creative!
Enjoy!
Let’s connect!


Aside from email, social media is another great way to pick up updates from me.
Follow me on Twitter
Like my Facebook page

Pin my pics on Pinterest
Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram 

Follow me on Photography Talk

 Our Sponsor: Custom Gem Cutter



https://squareup.com/store/matt-dunkle

Comments

Popular Posts