Plum Zinger Jam ~ Friday Foods

Hi, Sweet Friends,
The garden is slowly coming along. As I said in prior postings, we moved, had a flood/mudslide, and are just lagging in the garden department right now. 
Our veggie haul for the first part of August is a blessing, but on the other hand, it should be 3x's as much by now.
I am doing some plum jam this evening when it cools off. The temp on the porch, in the shade, is 100* (degrees) and rising. Whew is it hot out there! So, one of our neighbors had a box of plums for us this year and WOW are they delicious!
 These plumbs are small but so juicy and delicious!
 Rinse the plumbs with cold water in small batches to get any bugs or leaves washed off.
 I leave the wet fruit in the drainer and in the sink until most of the water has drained off the fruit.
 I love these bowls from
Fitz & Floyd Every Day White Link
 I save the seeds in another bowl to wash and dry out to save for planting and sharing later.
 So, I cut off the plum fruit from the seeds.

 Saved seeds.
 I then add the juice of two lemons to preserve the fruit until I can turn it into Jam.



I use the Jam method in the Sure-Jell box for making jam. It is simple and easy. 6 cups of fruit to 8 cups of sugar. That's it!

I have the cleaned hot jars to fill up with this yummy goodness!

Let the jars sit until the lids "pop"
down and seal completely. I place the jars in a cool location in the pantry.



Love and links are always appreciated!
I love blogging and am happy that people are interested in sharing information found on my site! Feel free to pin away and share through other social networks. Know that all images and text on Styling With CJD.Sign is our property. You are welcome to use one or two photos with the link back to my original post. I ask that you do not crop any photos or remove the watermark and/or website address without first obtaining written permission from me, as all my photos are my personal photos and taken by me. All “free tutorials” are for personal use only. Thank you for understanding. CJD.Sign


Enjoy!
Our Sponsor: Custom Gem Cutter






Comments

Popular Posts