Fresh Pesto To Pick Up Your Day! ~ Friday Foods

A large bunch of basil.
Hi, Sweet Friends!

It has been a week since I have posted! Life gets busy when you have Grandchildren! I thought it was busy when I had my children, but having the Grands is like having children again that you send home at night...whew! I'm so exhausted! LOL

So, we had a nice batch of Pesto to have with out Spaghetti noodles. It was delicious. We started with a large bunch of Basil.
Chop the basil finely.

Pesto

 The recipe that we used was from Ina Garten's Pesto Recipe.

1/2 Cup of finely chopped Basil.

 Fresh basil is such a treat and in this Pesto recipe, it packs a wonderful punch to the pesto!

Chop the basil finely so that the pieces blend nicely with the pine nuts, parmesan cheese, and the olive oil.
I grow Basil every year in the garden.

We have even had Basil in our Alfredo Sauce. It is also delicious in salad or eaten in Lasagna. Follow the links for Ina Garten's Pesto Sauce!

"Ina prepares a traditional pesto to satisfy a crowd in just 15 minutes. Because air is pesto's worst enemy, she recommends using the sauce right away, or storing it in the refrigerator or freezer with a thin film of olive oil on top." Ina Garten's Pesto Recipe

"When food is vegan- and paleo-friendly, you're off to a solid friend-pleasing start. Add a delicious savory pecan-and-spinach filling to mushroom caps, like in these Vegan Pesto Stuffed Mushrooms and, well, you really can't go wrong." Shape's Pesto-Stuffed Mushrooms

Enjoy!

Let’s connect!

Aside from email, social media is another great way to pick up updates from me.
Follow me on Twitter
Like my Facebook page
Pin my Pics on Pinterest
Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram 

Follow me on Photography Talk

 Our Sponsor:
Custom Gem Cutter


 

 

Garnet Rhodolite Square Cushion Nine Square     

Regular
Gemstone: Rhodolite Garnet
Weight: 1.73 cts
Size : 6.51 x 6.51 sq,
Color: Red
Shape: Square
Cut: Square Cushion Nine Square Cut by Matt A. Dunkle
Clarity: VVS
Origin: India

Oregon Sunstone .42cts

Oregon Sunstone .42cts
Gemstone variety: Sunstone
Weight: 0.42 cts.
Size: 4.70 mm round
Color: Red
Clarity: VS, Eye clean
Cut: SRB, Standard Round Brilliant
Shape: Round
Origin: Oregon, USA


Comments

Popular Posts