Hearty Ham And Bean Soup

Hubby is back in the kitchen creating and make us a wonderful batch of Hearty Ham & Bean Soup! YUMMY!!

Ingredients:
1 ham bone with meat on it.
Extra ham (optional)
Water to cover the ham bone
3 Onions, Chopped
Pepper to taste (NO Salt is needed)
2 1/2 - 3 pounds of dry beans (we used White Navy, Cranberry Beans, and Great Northern) You can use what you have or some others you like. We have made this with brown beans and it tastes great, too.
 1. Ok, so the first thing to do is get the bone and bits of ham cooking in a large pot with water that covers the bone completely. Cook at least 2 hours.
 2. Add to the ham, ham bone, and broth, all of the beans. Cook this for 1 hour or more on boiling.
 3. Then add the onions, pepper. No salt is needed.
4.  Cover the pot and cook for 4 more hours or until the beans are done. Fork soft is a good way to check to see if the beans are done. Take a bean on a plate and try to smash it with the fork, if the bean is hard, cook an hour more,. If it is slightly hard, add a half an hour. If it is soft, it is DONE!! YAY!!
Join me in being Creative!
Enjoy!

Let’s connect!
Aside from email, social media is another great way to pick up updates from me.
Follow me on Twitter
Like my Facebook page

Pin my Pics on Pinterest
Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram 

Follow me on Photography Talk

 Our Sponsor: Custom Gem Cutter



Comments

Popular Posts