Saving a Burned Pan ~ Friday Foods

Hi, Sweet Friends,

I am sure that most of you, including me and Hubby, have burned a few things in a pan. I just recently made a pot of tea and forgot it. Yes, I got sidetracked and the whole house smelled like someone smoking a cigar. Horrible for me as I have asthma.

After I realized what I had done, I  slid the pot off the hot burner and let it cool down. I then put hot water in it and let it sit overnight. Not much happened except the tea bags loosened off the burnt bottom of the pan. So then I searched a remedy to this burning problem.

On FaceBook Blossom Account I found this video.  https://www.facebook.com/FirstMediaBlossom/videos/10154509588559586/

So, I did as the video directed and here are the results!
 I added a drop of dish soap to the pan and added warm water up to the top.
 I added the fabric softener sheet to the pot of warm soapy water.
 I pushed it in to get it completely wet. I started the timer at 11:00am.
 Leaving the pot to soak for 30 minutes. Yes, I started at 2 minutes till and took the photo when the timer went off.
 I mushed the fabric softener sheet around the bottom of the pan.
 I then poured off the water to take a look.
 Well, I can say it worked well. The tea bags are still a bit infused in the bottom of the pan, but all in all, the black gunk is gone.
 I used copper wool to scrub at the bottom of the pan, however, I did not have to scrub as hard and that was a plus!
I rinsed and washed the pot with soapy water. All of the black grime is now off the bottom of the pan.

I can live with the small amounts of stain, as this is a Tea Pot for making our daily tea.
So we give this process a WIN!! Thanks to Blossom Videos on FaceBook for giving us a great way to get the burnt gunk out of a pan! Try this one, it really does work!
Enjoy!


Let’s connect!
Aside from email, social media is another great way to pick up updates from me.
Follow me on Twitter
Like my Facebook page

Pin my Pics on Pinterest
Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram 

Follow me on Photography Talk


 Our Sponsor: Custom Gem Cutter




Comments

Popular Posts