Antique Altered Book Journal Part I ~ Creative Day Thursday


Hi, Sweet Friends!


I came across this Altered Book Tutorial from Gayle Agostinelli  
on her YouTube Channel. Gayle has been doing great journals and elements and lots of paper Ephemera
on cards, tucks, pockets tags, foldouts, and more. SUBSCRIBE!! 

I have been working with paper since I was 10 years old and I have always loved it! I guess I am the proverbial "Crafter" and I LOVE it! I started with paper cut butterflies and flowers photo frame collage back in the 70s. I have scrapbooked since my high school days when I started collecting bits and pieces of memorabilia.
Front Cover

Back Cover
I took one of my old This is the book before the alterations and pages removed.
 
Mark the pages with paper clips about every 6-10 pages to remove.

Count off the pages so that you keep 4 and rip 6-10 pages out, continue till the end of the book.
I used paperclips to mark the pages to "Keep" and ripped out the ones in between.
The book should look like this.
My book was a "Discard" from the library. It has some torn pages and that is fine with me taking out pages.
The book already has an old library card holder and this is a library "Discard" book.
Now go on to Part II of this Antique Altered Book Journal. In Part II, I will show how to make the pages and pockets, the cards, and tags that will go in this book. Don't forget to Subscribe to my YouTube channel for the videos and more!
Antique Altered Book Journal Pocket, cards, and tags by CJD.Sign
Enjoy!


Let’s connect!
Aside from email, social media is another great way to pick up updates from me.
Follow me on Twitter
Like my Facebook page

Pin my Pics on Pinterest
Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram 

Follow me on Photography Talk

 Our Sponsor: Custom Gem Cutter

























Comments

Popular Posts