Where Does Your Family Tree Take You?

Hi, Sweet Friends,

This is an unusual post for me, however, it piqued my interest with all the "Ancestry DNA Testing Kits" available. Just to be clear, this is not the same type of DNA testing as done by the Crime Labs.

I, through the old fashioned way of digging through documentation, know that my ancestry is British, Polish, Irish, French, and German. However, according to these "Ancestry" tests, this could be an inaccurate assumption.

My father has done Ancestry research for the past 20+years. He has been able to trace our family to specific locations through documents and some still live in the same countries, towns, burrows as the original family members we are related to. I thought this information was pretty cool and have been delving into a bit of family history myself.

My mother's half-sister contacted me about some history on her father's side. I didn't have much to offer and it makes me think about these tests. They are "Scientific", right? They are "Accurate", right?
Well, not so much according to this video from  CBS Market Place with twins Charlsie & Carly who did an in-depth video study on the companies making Ancestry DNA Testing Kits. I was quite shocked at these results. What shocked me, even more, was the Scientific Experts comments about it being "guesswork". Hmmm...

Take a look at this video about a set of these twins DNA Ancestry being different and you decide.  Here is the YouTube Video direct link: https://youtu.be/Isa5c1p6aC0

Why is Albert Einstein on my post? Well, he's my Great Great Uncle, on my mother's side. Interestingly enough, are the documents and the stories about Einstein. I also found this other DNA article to be interesting, "DNA ties Ashkenazi Jews to a group of just 330 people from Middle Ages", The LA Times

I also ran across this article on "The Haplogroup E1b1b - M35.1" http://e1b1b1-m35.blogspot.com/2011/02/e1b1b1-m35-dna-of-albert-einstein-and.html  
"Albert Einstein was from the 20% of Eastern European Jews and belongs to Haplogroup E1b1b."


So, what does this tell us? Do your research. It may take years, but these so-called "DNA Kits" are turning out to be a waste of your money and your time.


Try something new today!
Enjoy!
Let’s connect!
Aside from email, social media is another great way to pick up updates from me.
Follow me on Twitter
Like my Facebook page

Pin my Pics on Pinterest
Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram

 http://customgemcutter.com

Comments

Popular Posts