Thankful People Smile More

Hi, Sweet Friends,

Thankful people smile more. 
Now there is a statement that I would like to ponder more on.

[ Psalm 136 ] Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good. His  love  endures   forever.

I know, from experience,  that people who smile a lot are thankful for more than one's wearing a frown.
I'm not saying that these "smiling people " live rosy or even perfect lives. What I am saying is that being thankful changes you inside and outside. And when you are thankful, it shows. There is even a spring in your step. Your heart feels light. You become more aware of your surroundings. And you appreciate the "little pleasures" life has in store for you.

Have you ever said, "Thank you!" to someone and they smile at you? Being thankful changes the people around you.
Have you ever told someone that you are thankful for having them in your life? Telling someone you are thankful can change their whole day around.

Even the most terrible things that have happened to me, have been changed around when I look are them with a thankful heart. One of my example of this is that my disability was an accident. I couldn't be mad or blame, or even change these circumstances. I could live with the pain and go on, or I could wallow in the misery. I chose to SMILE and go on.
Not every day is bad, but I try my hardest to keep that smile on for myself and for others. Ok, some of you are saying "she's wacky", right? Well, if you can think back to someone in your life that is Always Complaining. Do you want to be around them? Do you go out of your way to call them? Or do you fill your life with happier people?

Now, think about it this way. I'm thankful for all that I have ever been through, because I have learned from these experiences, good and bad, and I have grown into the person I am today. I am not spiteful, hateful, or bitter. I am gracious, kind, and thankful.

Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up.
I look back at the life I have been given. It's been 54 years, tomorrow. If I give thanks for every day of my life, I am so much more blessed than if I grumble and complain.

So, do this for me today, a little test of thankfulness.
1. Put on your best smile, even if you really don't want to.
2. Smile at everyone you see.
3. In your heart (to yourself), think of 3 things you are thankful for. If this is too hard, everytime you eat today, everytime you start your car, every time you see your children, every time someone else smiles back, everytime you take a step, or better yet, every breath you take is a gift to be thankful for.

Ephesians 5:20 [Full Chapter]

always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. 
 I met a man today at the Dr.'s office. He said that he was glad to be there so he could get better. I told him about this blog article and he thought the experiment was a good idea.
As he was called into his Dr., he said, "You have a wonderful day!" with a large smile beaming across his face.

I hope this post does the same for you. I hope it encourages you to smile, enjoy your days, not rush to get everything done, and to be thankful for what you have.
God Bless You!

Enjoy!

All photos are by CJD.Sign. If you want to use my photo, please give me credit. Thank you.



The fine print: Please link with love! As with all of our posts, DIY projects featured on Styling With CJD.Sign may not be copied, distributed or reproduced without express written permission.
 
Love and links are always appreciated!

 If you’d like to share this post, please link to this post directly for the DIY tutorial and do not include the instructions in your own post. All photos on this post are by CJD.Sign. Please give credit. Thanks so much!  oxo CJ


It's The Holiday Season and if you want that special gemstone for that special someone, you might want to order it now!

http://CustomGemCutter.com

Comments

Popular Posts