A Christmas Carol and Treats


Source: Yahoo Search
Hi, Sweet Friends,

This is a Special Blog Post for my Hubby. 
Each year, right after Thanksgiving, my Hubby gets out his Christmas Carol Movie Collection and picks the first Christmas Carol of the season. But this is not just sitting watching movies, it is an after dinner, hot chocolate & cookie Movie Nite!
Some Hot Cocoa with cream & light brown all ready for the Holidays to get rolling!
When Hubby came up with this "Family Tradition", I wasn't quite on board. The idea of watching a movie, even if it has many different selections, over and over again every night from the day after Thanksgiving until Christmas Eve, just didn't thrill me. 
Photo Source: Jim Carry 's Scrooge on my TV...CJD.Sign
Now after 11 years of this Tradition, softening me up with the cocoa & cookies, I rather like this "Family Tradition of Ours!"  I look forward to the period costumes of the older versions and laughing along with the funny versions. It is unique, it is special, and it is our tradition.

So, tonight we will be continuing this tradition with the Christmas Carol. I have no clue which version he will pick for tonight, but I will enjoy it none the less. Thank you, Hubby, for making this Christmas Tradition into wonderful memories for us. Out will come the cookbook for the cookie recipe, the hot cocoa made from scratch, and the familiar words from Tiny Tim, "God Bless Us, Everyone."  


Famous Hubby's Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups All-purpose Flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed light brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 cup Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 cup Ghirardelli White Chocolate Chips
1 cup chopped Hazel Nuts (optional)

Directions:1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
3. Beat butter with sugars at medium speed until creamy.
4. Add to the sugar mixture the vanilla and the eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed until completely mixed together.
5. Gradually blend the dry mixture into the creamed sugar mixture.
6. Stir in the two types of chocolate chips and nuts (if desired).
7. A teaspoon at a time, make balls and place them on ungreased cookie sheets.
8. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
  &


Hershey's Favorite Hot Cocoa
Top of the stove method: Serves 6

Ingredients:
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup Hershey's Cocoa
Dash of salt
1/3 cup hot water
4 cups milk
3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
Ghirardelli White Chocolate Chips for each cup of hot cocoa.

Directions:
1. Mix sugar, cocoa, and salt in a saucepan; stir in water.
2. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture boils; boil and stir 2 minutes.
3. Stir in milk and heat. DO NOT BOIL.
4. Remove from heat, add vanilla.
5. Serve up in mugs with a dollop of whipped cream. 

I hope you decide to make a New Family Tradition for yourself & your family. As a single lady, I always decorated my home, outside the home, and made Christmas a special time. I put on the Christmas Music from the day after Thanksgiving till the end of January.

 Even now, I make the Christmas Holiday special, my grown children have obligations for the Holidays and I just alter my days to celebrate with them when they have time in their busy schedules. It works great for us and makes the Holiday's that much more special. I get Christmas from December - January! 

A Merry Christmas to You & Yours!
Enjoy!
`
http://CustomGemCutter.com

Comments

Popular Posts