Party Etiquette ~ Friday Foods

Hi, Sweet Friends,
I will be hosting an Informal BBQ Dinner Party for my friends who helped us move into our new home! There will be a dress code for clothes to be worn for eating ribs, corn on the cob, and finger foods.
I love parties, communing with friends, and having family over for the Holidays. So how do I go about my party planning, the party etiquette, and the clean-up and care of my dinnerwares?
Well, I first plan on who will be coming. I make a temporary "Guest List".
I then write out my invitations and ask for an RSVP to know how much food to prepare.
Next, I get a list of the food I will be serving. Be it a BBQ, Tea, or a Formal Sit Down Dinner.
I then plan the table, decorations, and drinks.
The table usually has a theme. The theme can be associated to the food, Season, or a Holiday. With this theme in mind, I set the table with either a plain white or a printed patterned Antique dishes set.
I use cloth napkins or with BBQ, I use paper napkins. With a Tea Party & a Formal Dinner, I use a white linen table cloth and napkins, traditionally.
Decorations may be simple fabrics, candles, or flowers. Holidays, for example, I choose the theme of the day. This is also the case for Birthdays, though I do like to liven up a child's party and tone down an adult's Birthday Party.  At Christmas time, I use whatever the Christmas Tree Theme is for the decorations on the table. This works very well.
We don't drink alcohol in our home, so we ask our guests to bring a drink if they don't want Ice Tea or Ice Water. For BBQ's we serve Ice Tea & Lemonaide.
I hope you learned something new!
Enjoy!
Links below...

Party Etiquette
Emily Post has tips for the Hosts & Guests:
https://emilypost.com/advice/party-etiquette-tips-for-hosts-and-guests/
Reader's Digest has a different take on the modern host & party guests:
 https://www.rd.com/culture/modern-party-etiquette-rules/
The Business Insider offeres us a view on the Business Office Party Etiquette:
http://www.businessinsider.com/office-holiday-party-etiquette-rules-2016-12
For a more relaxed Dinner Party Etiquette & Ideas, The Etiquette Scholar has some good advice:
https://www.etiquettescholar.com/dining_etiquette/dinner_party_etiquette.html
For a Formal Dinner Party, the rules change dramatically. There is protocol to learn, timing, and tableware to know. You can get some great information on this from  :https://www.marthastewart.com/912111/kelly-salway-teaches-table-manners

Comments

Popular Posts