A Time To Be Grateful

Hi Sweet Friends,
Have you ever had times, in your life, when you were so grateful that all you could do was to smile? A smile changes your day, brightens your outlook, and even lightens your step.
Doing a daily gratitude journal, writing out 3 things that you are grateful for each day, has been shown to really change someone's attitude. The study showed that for people who are really grateful for things in their lives, it has helped them from being depressed, lonely, or isolated. The people in the study had huge attitude changes and some of them kept their depression at bay without medications. Now that sounds like a good thing, don't you think so?

The famous speaker Tony Robbins talks about how "Gratitude is the solution to anger and fear." LINK
Tony speaks about how gratitude and anger can't be simultaneous. He says that spending time being grateful, praying, and reflecting are part of his daily morning routine. He also mentions that, "if you don't have 10 minutes for yourself, then you don't have a life."  He gives you something to think about, doesn't he? Read the full interview with Tony Robbins on Thrive Global. LINK


According to leading psychologists, people who live positive lives of gratefulness live happier lives. In the thought process of gratitude, one looks at the positives in life rather than all the negatives. Optimists are more likely living lives of grateful gratitude than their counterparts, the Pessimists.


I know this first hand. My birth mother was a Pessimist. She lived for the chaos, drama, horrible happenings, and they fueled her hatred, anger, and abuse. For the forty-three years of my life that she was alive, I lived in constant fear, torment, and verbal & physical abuse. She lived to make me hurt, angry, or cry. I won't go into it here after all this is a piece about gratefulness.
I am an Optimist. Yes, I have troubles, but I focus on the good and not the bad. I keep my chin up and push through, finding something good in all situations. I know we are all here for a purpose. My purpose changes from day to day and situation to situation. I am grateful for my birth mother. If not for her, I would not be the strong person I am today. I would not have found the perfect love I have in my husband, children, and grandchildren. They bring me such joy and I am grateful for them. I am also grateful for my father and my step-mom. They are great parents, loving and kind.
I have spoken to many people, friends, and family members who say, "How can you be so strong with all you have been through?" and "Why aren't you angry because of all that has happened to you?"  My response is that I am blessed to be here. I lean on God to get me through the tough times. My spiritual guidance has been since I was quite young. My injuries, disability, and my attitude have made me who I am today. 

My son, now thirty, told me, "You're the strongest person I know." My heart melted. I never knew how he felt about me and was shocked to know this because I don't feel strong. 


It has not come overnight. As a young teen, I was very angry, hurt, and alone. I accepted Jesus into my life at age 14 and I turned my life around. My life became more outward rather than inward. The me I use to be was gone. I became new. I was grateful for each day I had. I became more aware of the beauty around me than of the hate I lived with. I became honest with myself and others. I learned that life, though hard, could be looked at differently. I became an Optimist. 

I keep a Gratitude Journal, though I do slack sometimes, but in my prayer life, my gratitude abounds. I am working on making my Gratitude Journal a priority in my life. I am taking my 10 minutes for myself, writing out 3 things per day that I am grateful for, and taking the time to appreciate the little things and big things around me that are so important to me. I hope that you can do this, too. It will truly change your life.

Take a few moments each day to be grateful. It will truly change your life. God Bless You!
Enjoy,
Love and links are always appreciated!




All photos are by CJD.Sign unless stated otherwise. If you want to use my photo, please give me credit and link to my posts. Thank you, CJD.Sign


Our Sponsor:   Matt Dunkle of Custom Gem Cutter http://CustomGemCutter.com






 


Connect with me:
Aside from email, social media is another great way to pick up updates from me.
Follow me on Twitter
Like my Facebook page
Pin my Pics on Pinterest
Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on YouTube

Comments

Popular Posts