Applying Lotion to Your Face And Neck - Beauty Tuesday Video

Hi, Sweet Friends,

This is the 2nd Beauty Post of my Makeup Tutorial. This post will show you how to put on your face and neck lotion. I also suggest that using this same technique to wash your face will help skin pulling and hard trama while washing/scrubbing your face.
Lotion placed on the dry areas of the face. CJD.Sign

I know this sounds weird and you are probably thinking, "Who does she think she is telling me how to do my lotion or how to wash my face?" But give me a few moments to explain. I have been doing this since I was 14 years old. I am now 54 years old and have minimal wrinkles.
No makeup, freshly washed face, CJD.Sign, age 54, with no photo enhancement.


I'll give you a bit of history. I, like many young girls, ladies, and women that I know, use to wash my face and put on my makeup in a hurry. When rushing, I'd be pulling and tugging at the skin on my face, and making weird facial expressions that I know would scare my hubby!

I learned from my first (good paying) job, in the Beauty Industry, that facial skin is really important to keep clean, healthy, and wrinkle-free as long as possible. Not in a vanity sort of way, but wrinkles collect dirt that causes pimples, break-outs, or worse. 

In my case, it was the "worse" part that got me. I have had dry skin, eczema, and psoriasis since I was born. I remember taking oatmeal baths, having mayonnaise hair treatments, and avocado facial masks. I remember also wearing gloves to bed with vaseline on my hands to keep my skin from cracking and bleeding. This happens on my face, too.

When I learned the "right way" to take care of my skin, it became a habit I still do today. Here is my video "Applying Lotion to Your Face and Neck. 

 So it makes sense to be very cautious and avoid strong rubbing and tugging actions as you wash your face and apply your skin care products.

Here are some Beauty Tips:
  • Wash your face with a gentle cleaner.
  • Use your finger tips, in a circular motion, to wash your face with the gentle cleaner.
  • Leave the clean water on your face, after washing it. 
  • Apply your lotion, in circular motions, onto your wet face. This locks in extra moisture.
  • Don't pull or tug at your face.
  • Use a face scrub or exfoliator once a week. Use the circular motion with your fingertips to put the product on your face. 
  • Let the product work on your face and, again, no pulling, stretching, or tugging at your face. Read the directions on the product.
  • Put lotion on your neck with you fingers in an upward motion.
  •  Lightly swipe upwards with the lotion on your fingers. 
  • Don't use circular motions, pull, or stretch the skin on your neck.
  • Use a "scrubbie" to clean your face that is seprate from the one for your body. 
  • Keep your hands away from your face as much as you can.
  • If you need to wipe your eyes, use your pinkie finger as it is the weakest finger and won't stretch the skin as much.

 Please watch my videos to see my daily technique for washing your face and applying foundation to your face.


Let’s connect!
Aside from email, social media is another great way to pick up updates from me.
Follow me on Twitter
Like my Facebook page

Pin my Pics on Pinterest
Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram 


 Enjoy!


Love and links are always appreciated!


All photos are by CJD.Sign unless stated otherwise. If you want to use my photo, please give me credit and link to my posts. Thank you, CJD.Sign
 

Best 25+ Christian iphone wallpaper ideas on Pinterest ...
I'm not giving up I'm sticking around to see what God will do. Micha 7:7

Our Sponsor: Matt A. Dunkle of Custom Gem Cutter
February Birthstone is Amethyst.


Comments

Popular Posts