New Year's Resolutions

Hi, Sweet Friends,
Welcome to 2018! The Year of the Dog.
So, do you make a New Year's Resolution? Why do we do this?  Does everyone do this? Do we keep the resolutions we make? Are these some of the questions that you have upon the end of a year and the New Year to come? When did making New Year's Resolutions become to be so popular?
Well, for me, I have been making New Year's Resolutions since I was in High School. They started as goals to keep my life more organized, do better in school, and so on. As I got married, they became more family oriented goals for more family outings, family fun nights, keeping up with correspondence, and things like that.
Now that I am in my 50's, I am back into the getting fit, eating even more healthier, doing more as a couple with Hubby, getting more organized (last year I gave it a good shot, but failed miserably! I have already started "The Clean Momma Clutter Challenge", again), and practicing patience; you think I would have learned that by now...Nope! But I'm willing to give it a go again!

So, why do we make resolutions at the first of each New Year? The consensus is that most people do a New Year's Resolution to make a commitment of goals to make a better life for themselves. Some do keep these resolutions all thru the year and they become habits. However, many do not. Some goals are way simple and just take a few days of repetitiveness and they become a regular habit, while some become unbearable. 

If this is the outcome, why do we take on making resolutions anyways? If we know, going in, that it is a huge goal/resolution, is it worth the hassel, frustration, and failure?

For me, I say YES! For Hubby, he says NO! So you see, even in our house hold, it can be divided a division. I make between 3 to 4 little resolutions, and 1 large resolution. That about sums it up for me. While I feel a need to change some not so great habits, it seems that hubby is fine with the way he is. Enough said about that! Ha!

When did making New Year's Resolutions become to be so popular? 

History.com has a lengthy post on this very subject, LINK
The date hasn't even been January 1st, since the beginning! 
So, do you have a New Year's Resolution this year?

My New Year's Resolution:
 to eat healthier
to love more
to practice patience
to encourage more
to experience more


Happy New Year! Enjoy every moment!

http://customgemcutter.com

Comments

Popular Posts