About Those Calories...

Hi Friends,
As you all know, I am doing "MY Fitness Pal" LINK and have been basically trying to be more mobile, active and decreasing pain thru the day. Well, it is working! I'm not really loosing wt, more like building muscle, but the fat will be burning off soon!!

I read a blog that I wanted to share on  Calories. "It’s apparent that a calorie is not a calorie in this case, so do calories still count when it comes to weight loss? The answer is a resounding Yes! Even though the study focused on diet quality, this is just one factor out of many that affect our weight. To be successful at maintaining a healthy weight, both the number of calories consumed and the quality of those calories matters." says the researcher.

2 Science-Backed Strategies to Avoid Long-Term Weight Gain

And  for me, 

I've been going up and down, but the inches are indeed dropping. I really have been diligent in counting the calories and logging my daily food/exercise. Today in my logging, I compared 2 trips to my favorite Chinese place locally. Here are the results.




Your Food Diary For:
Monday, May 2, 2016                             
Dinner
Sprite - Pop, 24 oz     280     

  Cream Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms, 3 large mushrooms     230      
Chinese - Egg Drop Soup, 1 cup     73     

    Pan Fried Pork Potstickers - No Soy Sauce, 2 Potsticker     140      

 Donuts - Biscuit Sugar, 2 donut     256   
Spring Roll - Chinese, 2 small spring roll     50     

  Panko Breaded Talapia, 0.25 fillet (82g)     45      
Add Food Quick Tools
    1,074        
----------------------------------------
Your Food Diary For:
Thursday May 26, 2016                                       
Dinner

 Mushrooms Stuffed With Cheese, 4 each 81 g     160     

Wantons, 4 pieces     110    

 Egg Drop Soup With Noodles, 1 cup     120    

Pork Pot Sticker, 2 pieces with sauce     105    
 Fried Fish, 0.5 piece     70   

Sprite 16oz, 16 oz     198        
Add Food Quick Tools
    763     Yippi!!!!!


 

The article/research study is definitely  spot on! What you eat as the protein is important as the calories it contains. 

I've been out digging in the gardens and playing with flowers all week long! I hope you are too! Or at least getting out there and moving around a bit more!

Thanks for viewing!

CJD.Sign 

Backlink: 

Styling With CJD.Sign: Dragon Wall Buffet & Sushi Bar ~ Restaurant ...

Comments

Popular Posts