Press Drying Flowers

I've been pressing flowers since I was a teenager and I still love it.


 I will often put a pressed flower inside one of my books and lend it out to friends who will find a pretty pressed flower inside.


Here is how I press my flowers.













 Flowers are pressed face down so I can fold the stems the way I want them to dry.


Pressing is much different than drying flowers, as the flowers dry in a pressed state between layers of paper or newsprint.

The flowers are pressed with a flower press or like I do, in an old telephone book with other heavy books on top.
The flowers are left this way for 2 weeks then I check for moisture and keep the process going another week if they are not quite dry.


You can use the press dried flowers for many projects.
Pressed Dahlia










Here are direction links for a few:
Preserved Garden
How to Press Flowers

A Beginner's Guide to Pressing Flowers

 Martha Stewart Project

Enjoy Your Saturday & Every Day!

Try something new today!

Blessings to you!

CJD.Sign

Back Link:

Creative Day Thursday ~ Harvesting for Potporri

Our Sponsor:  Yemmy Made Accessories 

Comments

Popular Posts