Lavender Aromatherapy Pillow

Hi, Sweet Friends! 

 These are some of the easiest things I have ever made. It takes just a bit of time and you have a nice gift for someone who suffers from headaches (heat 1 to 1 1/2 min in the microwave), someone with small children (heat 30 seconds to a minute in the microwave), or even for someone with a pet. When Shark, one of our 8 Sister Chicks, was dying, we warmed one up in the microwave for 1 minute, mushed the filling around, then stuck it under her to warm her up. It worked very well.

Basically, I just make a rectangle and sew 3 sides by machine and one by hand. I fill mine with brown rice, lentils, or barley then add about a half cup of lavender petals.  Here is the tutorial below!

Materials:

  • Organic golden flax seeds (or rice or lentils)
  • Dried lavender
  • Soft linen fabric (or a soft cotton), 5 1/2 by 10 inches
  • Scissors
  • Straight pins
  • Sewing machine and supplies
  • Measuring tape
Directions:
1. Cut the material 5 1/2" x 10" . (I made 3 for gifts)


2. With right sides together, sew 1/4" seams, leaving an opening to turn and fill the bag.


3. Press the bag on the right side.

4. Fill the bag.
Fill with split peas, rice, barley, or lentils and add in lavender petals as you fill.
The opening is perfect for filling the aromatherapy pillow.
Make a cone out of paper and tape the outer seam.
Insert the cone into the open end of the bag.
Slowly fill the bag alternating with the lavender and dry fill material.
End filling with the filler material: dried barley, rice, split peas, or lentils.
5. Stitch closed the opening.
 

 
When the lavender smell fades then I open up my hand-stitched🤓 side and remove the old filling to the compost bin and the new into the bag. Yes, I do wash it, but it is a great and easy way to recycle and use up leftover bits of cloth. The ones below I used lentils and lavender. They don't compete with the lavender smell. It can be chilled or warmed. I've even set it on a brick by the fireplace and it warms up nicely. I have migraines and this is very refreshing!

Enjoy!

Let’s connect!
Share the love & likes!
Follow me on Twitter
Like my Facebook page

Pin my pics on Pinterest
Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram 

Follow me on Photography Talk

Our Sponsors: Custom Gem Cutter
https://squareup.com/store/matt-dunkle https://matt-dunkle.square.site/
CJD.Sign LOVES Heavenly Deposit!!


Heavenly Deposit


2019 Most Inspirational Film Award for Heavenly Deposit!


 

Comments

Popular Posts