Do Everything In Love

Hi, Sweet Friends!

Do everything in love.
-1 Corinthians 16:14 (NCV)
New Century Version
 So, upon waking this am, I grabbed my current Bible Study and realized that life is a chore. I remeber my children as they grew up complaining about their chores. I ever grumble, at times, when my chores seem overwhelming or I'm not in the "mood" to do them.
But the Bible states, "Do everything in love." Does this mean that even thought I really don't like doing the yard poop clean-up I'm to do it in love? Yep. I love my Service Animal, I love my family, and I love a nice looking yard, right? Of course I do, so I must do it in love. We look at the life we have here on Earth as such a chore and it is. If we did not have chores, we would not have order, and if there is no order, then there is chaos. I don't love chaos. I love order. I think this is where the saying, "Cleanliness is next to godliness" comes from.  https://bible.org/seriespage/15-cleanliness-next-godliness-acts-932-1023

God speaks of love all throughout the Bible. From the beginning of  of our time itself  "God Loved"

Because of God's love for humanity, though we are sinners, He gave His Son to die for our sins, so that we, by choice, would never be separated from God again. "For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in Him, shall not perish but have everlasting life."-John 3:16

So the topic here today is Love. Doing everything in love means that no matter the difficulty, or the ease, do it in love.
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you” (Jeremiah 1:5 NIV
 "To know you is to love you."
  Jesus said, "If you love me, you will keep my commandments" (John 14:15), He was teaching that loving Him would be an obvious action, not an emotional feeling in the body or thought of in the brain. If you are to love Jesus as He is to be loved just as He commanded in John 14:15 (above), then a conscious choice must be made to act according to the Bible in 1 Corinthians 13. According to the definition of " 'Conscious' is the state of awareness, or, of being aware of an external object or something within oneself."-Wikipedia definitions

"Love the LORD, your God, with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind." -Matthew 22:37

 Being holy in love or choosing to live a loving and holy life does not guarantee anyone happiness, as the World view today strives for, but it does guarantee joy. There will be times of trial in our lives, relationships with others, and in our marraige, it is the love, devotion, and worship of God that needs to be our lifes focus. There will be times of happiness and joy, but the fulfillment of true love comes from a loving relationship with God first, then your spouse, children, and so on.


The Ten Commandments -Exodus 20:2-17 (New King James Version)

 "Love your neighbor as yourself." -Matthew 22:39 This is important because this means that anyone other than yourself is considered "your neighbor". Yes, you may not get this, but it is so true. 

 

Comments

Popular Posts