Bison Bacon Burger On A Keto Bun - My Son Guest Bloggs!

Hi, Sweet Friends,

This week's Friday Food is a Bison Bacon wrapped Burger on an Almond Flour Keto Bun!

My Son, while he was doing a "cooking experiment" at his work, made a delicious culinary discovery. I asked him to share the recipe and his experience with all of my fellow Foodies.

Bison Bacon-Wrapped Burger
Ingredients: 
(per person)
1/2 lb Ground Bison Burger
8 slices Bacon (for weaving)
1/4 cup Shredded Mozzarella
Salt & Pepper to taste
Directions:
1. Make the Ground Bison Burger Patties 
2. Make the Bacon Weave (LINK)
Basket Weave the Bacon.
 3. Lay out the bacon weave and place the cheese on the bacon.
Shredded Mozzarella inside.
 4. Place the Hamburger on the cheese.
Bison Bacon Burger ready to go on the grill!
5. Wrap the bacon ends around the burger. Flip over to tuck under the bacon ends.

6. Start the Grill. When the coals are greyed, place the burgers on the grill with the bacon ends down. 

7. Check the burgers to make sure the bacon is cooking well. 


KETO bun (Pinterest)
Ingredients:
1 egg
3 tablespoons of almond flour
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder 
1 tablespoon of butter


Directions:
Microwave for 90 seconds on High


 Plate the burger with some fresh Romane Lettuce.

 A great Keto Bison Bacon Cheese Burger!
 My Son had a few tips:
  • Thick Bacon will be a bit chewy so choose Thin Bacon if you like a bit more crunch.
  • Sliced Mozzarella works fine. I used what I had on hand.
  • I've made the Keto Buns for other hamburgers and sandwiches.
 There you have it! This is a great tasting substitute for a regular burger and it is fewer carbohydrates, too! This also is Whole30 Compliant if you don't have the cheese. Thank you, My Son, for your delicious recipe!

Try something new today!
Enjoy!
Let’s connect!
Aside from email, social media is another great way to pick up updates from me.
Follow me on Twitter
Like my Facebook page

Pin my Pics on Pinterest
Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram

 http://customgemcutter.com

Comments

Popular Posts