Did You Forget To Clean These 10 Areas Of The House?

Hi, Sweet Friends,

I love to clean. I guess I am weird that way, but I love to clean. I like a clean house. I like an organized home. I think it is not only nice for me, but nice for my family, for guests who drop by, and well I think a clean home reflects well on me.

So, do you clean in these 7 places that sometimes get neglected?

1. Under the bed. Those dust bunnies hide under there, not monsters, unless you haven't cleaned under there in years! Then I would say those dust bunnies are now dust monsters. But in all seriousness, cleaning under the be is a good thing to do. Get rid of all the dust, dirt, and accumulated junk that floats under the bed.

So, here is what I do. I get the broom, I sweep it sideways to push anything that has gravitated under the bed out. Then I use the vacuum attachment to suck-up anything left. I have a canister vac and can see what is inside when I vacuum.

2.  Under side tables, dressers, and book cases. They all catch debris underneath, also. I move the end tables, and side tables, and dressers, and book cases to vacuum underneath.

3. The Sofa and Overstuffed Chairs. Not only do I vacuum the  cushions, crevices, but also under them. Our cat toys inevitably accumulate here. I use the broom, like I do under the bed, and I then use the vacuum attachment.

If you have room, you can move the couch and clean underneath.

4. The Baseboards and Trim. This is one that I do when I deep clean each month. It is easy to dust the base boards, but if you take a soft cloth with cleaner on it, you can easily wipe across the tops of the baseboards and trim. 

I use a non-bleach cleaner, like Fabuloso, or  Murphey's Oil Soap and a soft damp cloth.

5. Walls. Once a year I wipe down the walls.

I use a "Swiffer" mop and put a soft cloth on it. I use a non-bleach cleaner and water. I start at the top of the wall and come down in the same direction with each swipe on the wall. I do not go up and down, as the dust is more prevalent on the bottom of the wall and you don't want to pull it up the wall. This also works good with textured walls and wall papers.

6.  Tops of Cabinets. Every 3 months I take off everything on the tops of the cabinets and dust. It is seems sticky with oil or grime, then I spray a de-greaser and wipe down with a soft wet cloth. 

To help get the grime/grease off the cloth, make rinse water with baking soda in it. The baking soda cuts the grease. This is also a good tip if you are hand washing plastic containers.

7. Tops of Doors & Door Frames. I dust them every week. I use the vacuum attachment to catch any dust, spider webs, and animal hair that may have found it's way there.

A long handled duster works well for this, too.

8. Picture Frames. Once a week I dust, with a soft cloth all the picture frames in my home. I also dust the decorative plates and items I have on the wall. This is especially good if you have ceiling fans, as they blow accumulated dust off the blades. 

I have found that a small damp cloth works well too.

9. Picture Frame Glass. Once a year, usually right before Christmas, I take down the picture frames and clean the glass in them. This is a good time also to wash any other decorator items that are hanging on the wall. 

I use a Spray foam glass cleaner and a soft cloth.

10. Air Vents.  I use the vacuum attachment before and after the heating/cooling vents are in use. I also add a piece of fabric softener sheet to the inside of the vent. It make the house smell nice.  You can also add one to the filter. 

Once a year, I wipe down the Air Vents and if need be, I spray paint them. Usually before my parents visit.  :) 

I know this may seem a lot of "extra" work cleaning these places, but if you keep it in your schedule or bullet journal. Then you can plan one thing to do on a specific day and it will go a lot faster. You will thank yourself for doing it when the crunch time of company comes!

*More Posts below*

The fine print: Please link with love! As with all of our posts, DIY projects featured on Styling With CJD.Sign may not be copied, distributed or reproduced without express written permission.
 
Love and links are always appreciated!

 If you’d like to share this post, please link to this post directly for the DIY tutorial and do not include the instructions in your own post. All photos on this post are by CJD.Sign. Please give credit. Thanks so much!  oxo CJ




All photos are by CJD.Sign unless stated otherwise. If you want to use my photo, please give me credit and link to my posts. Thank you, CJD.Sign
Enjoy!

Let’s connect!
Aside from email, social media is another great way to get updates from me.
Follow me on Twitter
Like my Facebook page

Pin my Pics on Pinterest
Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram
Follow me on YouTube


You may also like these posts.
Our Sponsor:
 http://customgemcutter.com  

Comments

Popular Posts