Sharpie DIY Word Plates

Hi, Sweet Friends,

Today, I'm doing a Tutorial on how I made my Sharpie Word Plates. I am using these from Fall through Thanksgiving!

This is an easy tutorial. You can use old plates like I did above, or you can buy Dollar Store or Thrift Store plates at a very little cost per dish.
 The pens I used were Sharpie Duo; the pen at the top of the three shown. I used an old dish set, I only had two large plates left of the set. So, I used these two plates for Decorative plates. 
The rest of this set is being used for the guest room where our guests can use them in the handy microwave.  

Start with your plates clean and dry.
I used the thin end of the Sharpie-Duo Pen to write the word out first.


Close up of the plate with "Thankful" in Sharpie on it.



Now go over the word in the thick Duo-Sharpie pen side, like shown above.  Emphasize the downward strokes in the word by making them thicker.
I added a flourish and my signature heart~
Again, I used the thin end of the Sharpie-Duo Pen to write the word "Blessed" out first.
Now go over the word in the thick Duo-Sharpie pen side, like shown above.  Emphasize the downward strokes in the word by making them thicker.
I added a flourish and my signature heart~
You may choose not to freehand your words but to use a stencil.  Draw it out with the sharpie of your choice and let it completely dry.  Bake it in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes.  When done, let the plates completely cool off before handling them.


I hope this inspires you to do something creative today!


I couldn't help myself, Naina TwitcherWrites - By Naina! This was so fun that I may do more!! Blessed & Thankful in Calligraphy with a sharpie on my old garden plates! I used the Duo-Sharpie in Black. Full Tutorial on my blog, the link is in my bio, from start to finish!
.
.
.
#cjdsign #cjdsignblog #cjdsignhome #cjdsigndiy #calligraphylove #caligraphy #calligrapher #calligraphyart #calligraphycommunity🖋 #calligraphydaily #writing #dishes #dishdiy #calligraphycommunity #calligrafriends #diyhomedecor #diyideasonly #diy #ontheblog #sharpie #Fall #falltablescape #falldecoratingideas

TwitcherWrites - By Naina

The fine print: Please link with love! As with all of our posts, DIY projects featured on Styling With CJD.Sign may not be copied, distributed or reproduced without express written permission. Love and links are always appreciated! If you’d like to share this post, please link to this post directly for the DIY tutorial and do not include the instructions in your own post. All photos on this post are by CJD.Sign. Please give credit. Thanks so much! xoxo CJ

Paper Ornament Tutorials every Thursday Until Christmas! Don't miss them!
 All photos are by CJD.Sign unless stated otherwise. If you want to use my photo, please give me credit and link to my posts. Thank you, CJD.Sign
 Enjoy!






Comments

Popular Posts