Fall--ing in Love!

Hi Sweet Friends!
 To help launch my newest Instagram page, CJD.Sign Sunset Mesa, @cjd.signsunsetmesa, I'm giving a peek into my home Fall decorating. Please follow my new decorating account!

Thankful, Grateful, and Blessed!
Welcome to Our Home!
 I created this account in conjunction with my other account, cjd.sign, and it is all about the home side of our lives.
I've been home Interior designing since my teens. My mother was an Interior designer in 1980, I've loved design all my life. From Vintage to French, to Farmhouse, I've been decorating my homes (18) changing, rearranging, remodeling, and improving for the past 35 years. Gosh, it's been a while! ;) I hope you enjoy my page!
~CJD.Sign



I LOVE FALL! 
There, I've admitted it!
But most of you know about me already! 

Now that we are happily moved into the new house, Summer is wrapping up, and the kids & grandbabes are all back in school, it is time to DECORATE for FALL!! YAY!!!!  I really do love to decorate for each Season, Holiday, and Special Occasions! Bet you can tell!

Ok, I'll tone it down a bit! :)

First, the door wreath is a grapevine wreath from WalMart.
The sign, "Thankful, Grateful, and truly Blessed", is from Dollar Tree. I just tucked it onto my repurposed Halloween "Welcome" wreath hanger that I repainted from Black to White a few years back. I love it white and won't be changing it anytime soon.
Next up on the list was the Mantle. Our "Mantle" is at the top of the entertainment center. The new home is quite snug and it will be used as the center point to all the Fall Decorating! We picked this up at the Habitat for Humanity ReStore and got matching side tables, and a rolling desk as well. The side tables are tucked next to the bed in the Master, and the desk has become our dining table. 
  The "Mantle" Details:
I've started with a Damask header that has an ivy print in gold on gold and a nice scalloped edge. I added some large hurricane lamps and a matching pair of (heavy) decorator lamps on either end. 

I divided up the "Mantle" into 3 unique spaces. I wanted to showcase different pieces and incorporate the Vintage look for Fall.
From left to right, 
 I used a matching pair of rod iron black-footed candle plates and a pair of matching decorator candles in Hazlenut for a delicious aroma. A Vanilla candle from "White Swan", a gift from my son's family, an old bottle & jar, and a wooden lidded jar make a nice homey cluster. A pair of matching little Urns are tucked in the back to hold extra tea-light candles. I have a pair of matching green trimmed "Harvest" print plates that each need plate stands (I'm shopping on Friday) I'll be getting to set the plates up.
Close up look of the Left Corner.
The Center of the "Mantle" has a hand-carved Austrian plate from the HH ReStore ($1) that sits on a golden plate stand from the same place ($1) and in front of this is a small faux terra cotta potted Ivy ($1).  Two cream terracotta birds pose in the direct center that came from my family home when I was in High School.

 Close up of the Center of the "Mantle".
 The matching rod iron black-footed candle plate and decorator candle in Hazlenut frame the end of the "Mantle" on the right side. I've added my favorite 22k gold trimmed cup & saucer and both are from the HH ReStore (C $5 & S $4). The cup is
Close up look of the Right Corner.











 The cup is Noritake, Fine China, Japan, Golden Cove
The plate is Noritake, Makers Mark is "M", and Nippon.

 



Air Fresh Glade Candle in a teacup. CJD.Sign








I took a Glade Air Fresh Candle and carefully heated the votive in hot water until it released the candle from the edges. I popped it into the cup. It is larger than a votive by 5xs and is more of an air freshener than just a candle.
The wooden clock was found at Marshall's in Denver back in 2003. The odd-looking wooden thing is a yarn spool. I found this one in Maine on a shopping trip.

Lastly, I took a pretty burnt orange scarf and drapped it around in the background.

I think it all turned out nice. What do you think? What is your favorite collection section? Let me know in the comments below!

As always, 
Enjoy!
Let’s connect!
Aside from email, social media is another great way to pick up updates from me.
Follow me on Twitter
Like my Facebook page

Pin my Pics on Pinterest
Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram
Our Sponsor
http://customgemcutter.com
http://customgemcutter.weebly.com

Comments

Popular Posts