Handwriting ~ Calligraphy

Hi, Sweet Friends,

I have been writing Calligraphy since I was in High School and my Step-Dad taught me.
I have practiced all my life; some years more than others.
I have journals filled with handwriting and Calligraphy, using different styles of lettering, pens, pencils, paint brushes, etc.
It has been a fun journey and I hope that my post will peak an interest in you!


I follow a really great gal by the Instagram Name of 
Twitcher Writes. 

This example (above) is one from her Instagram Page. 
There are many Calligraphers to follow and many that actually video themselves writing the words, shaping the letters, using different writing implements. It is fabulous! My Instagram Page.

There are great handwriting and Calligraphy books online, at the library, or you can buy practice books. 

Paper from Pinterest
I started with the old-fashioned double lined paper that has the dashes in between the lines, like Grammer School Paper.  
I started also with a Nib, but I now prefer the felt tip style. And I don't cut the paper if I press down too hard.
This first example, "We Come Together As One" is written in Brush Tip Pens. The first one is the dark purple, then the medium purple, and finally the light blue-purple. The small words are in black fine tip permanent marker.

This Second example is the same saying and handwritten in Calligraphy using the pens below. The red is done with the broad tip of the Calligraphy felt pen and the tan is from a Brush felt pen.
STAEDTLER CALLIGRAPHY PENS 5 colors
I also love to do handwriting in my journals. Here is one example of using 3 Calligraphy Felt Tip Pens in 3 different sizes. The effect is awesome!
The red is a felt tip marker from Crayola.
These are Duo Pens that have a different size on each end of the pen. This example is done with the large words in the largest of the Felt nibs. The next size for the smaller cursive flourishing and the signature is done in the last smallest pen.
Computer Original, CJD.Sign
I learned such ridged Calligraphy, that to do flourishes is difficult. More Practice!
Computer Original, CJD.Sign
These three photos show how to do the darkening with a Fine Tip Sharpie. CJD.Sign

Below are some of the posters and prints I have practiced with.
Find different styles of writing on posters, signs, other people's writing, or just make up your own. I like to take the ones on the internet and practice writing them. It isn't always the first time that it comes out perfect. Practice, practice, practice really applies here.





Pinterest

The Graphics Fairy



Pinterest Poster. Fun to learn Handwriting.


Computer Original, Styling with CJD.Sign

Zig Memory System, Calligraphy 5.0mm Tip, Chocolate

Ouray, Colorado, building sign. CJD.Sign

This is a building sign on a building in Ouray, Colorado.





Add caption

Practice, anytime, on any bit of writing that is available.

The Bible is a perfect place to find inspiration.




This Font is called "Long Tail"

Practice on all types of fonts with the same word, same pen, or change it up!


Calligraph Friday!

Capital Letters, Double Line



This handwriting was done freehand. I goofed on the scripture, hence the BLACK. CJD.Sign
Try a new design or style with a pencil.
https://www.pinterest.com/cjd_sign/caligraphy/
Floral Flurishes~ Thank You, CJD.Sign
Using the Brush Tip Pen in Black, follow the words only.
Add the leaf stems.

Add the leaves.
Add the stems in Brown Calligraphy Pen.
Take the time to practice. Go slow. Take it in steps. You will like it even more than if rushed.
Computer Original, Blessings
My first attempt at Blessings before filling out the B. CJD.Sign
My best attempt at Blessings. CJD.Sign
And that is the end of this lesson. I know it is a lot to absorb for a new Calligrapher or Handwriter, but this post is here for you! 
Enjoy!
Blessings, 

God Bless You!
 Let’s connect!
Aside from email, social media is another great way to pick up updates from me.
Follow me on Twitter
Like my Facebook page

Pin my Pics on Pinterest
Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram
Our Sponsor
http://customgemcutter.com



http://customgemcutter.weebly.com


Comments

Popular Posts