Today is Day 12 of our Whole 30.

Hi, Sweet Friends, 

Today is Day 12 of our Whole 30.
We both feel that we have a little more energy today. Yesterday, Sunday, was extremely hard for me, as my body decided to spasm during our Church service. Not at all a good thing and this episode put me to bed for the rest of the day.

Foodwise, we think we have got the gist of it all. The Whole 30 has become a way of eating mindfully. The conditioned thoughts of the way we use to think of eating are long past. Does that mean the cravings are over? NO, nope, nada, nyet, rara, naddo, ni, nuddu, na, nie, iie, dooda. (translations: LINK) Because saying "No" just isn't enough!

Energy levels were a big issue of this second week of Whole 30. Our bodies energy just wasn't there for either of us. And naps became a daily routine with both of us.

Image may contain: food
See my Instagram Post on Our "Go To" Breakfast HERE
 Ingredients:
7 Med Potatoes, washed, peeled, and diced
3 Med Onions, peeled and diced
2 Med Peppers, cored and diced
1/2 lb Mushrooms, washed, ends lightly trimmed and sliced
1/4 Cup Olive Oil, divided amongst the vegetables as cooking. 
1 Egg per person, fried and on top, or scrambled into the mix. (optional)
Directions: 
Saute the potatoes first as they take the longest to cook, 1/8cup olive oil. Add the peppers and onions and the rest of the olive oil, cooking until tender, add the mushrooms at the end. If you want to add the eggs, scramble in with the mushrooms at the end or add a fried egg on top of each plate. 
 
Works great for us. It is filling, satisfying, and gives us the energy to get through the day.

When we think of the last few days and try to figure out what the difference was, the decrease of energy was what we both feel did us in. I was really out of it, so to speak. Tasks did not get done as planned and I just took those days off. That may be harder for those of you who have a family at home and work a job outside the home.
 
Enjoy! 
Let’s connect!
Aside from email, social media is another great way to pick up updates from me.
Follow me on Twitter
Like my Facebook page

Pin my Pics on Pinterest
Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram

Backlinks:

Whole 30 Challenge

http://customgemcutter.com/aquamarine.html

Comments

Popular Posts