My Miracle


 Hi, Sweet Friends,
I'm writing this today because I have been given a MIRACLE! I really mean it!
Most of you know that my 14yr 9mo old Service Animal passed away last December, just after Christmas. He was really more to me than I ever knew, until he was gone. https://www.facebook.com/RaiderontheGO/

I basically stopped doing my normal routine. It was depression.
It took a bigger tole on me than I had realized. I stopped driving, again. I was really unsteady walking and I became really afraid of falling and breaking "something" again... I really didn't want to be back in that wheelchair!

So, this is where the Miracle begins. It is February 3, 2018, we had been talking about another Service Animal, what it would take, the breed, the training, and the Vet Services. To be totally honest, when we started speaking about a new pup, I really wasn't up for it. Training is hard on me, but I have to train the pup what I need help with. And training will cost, the harness, the uniforms for the pup, the new leads, and other homey costs. (Raider was older so we got rid of the kennel, baby gates, etc.

I tried, years ago with Raider, to do Dog Training, 4-H, and Agility. Nope, not for me or my Service Animal. Due to my personal needs, these programs did not work. To have a trainer work with Raider was out of the question, because I right side the dog and they train to left side. I needed special help getting up off the floor and no trainer would do this training. 

So,I dove into training myself and my dog, Raider On The Go, to help me with the wheelchair, the walker, and the cane. It took a year of every day training to just get the basic needs and we kept working every day. No breaks, no days off, and no slacking. 

So, mentally, I had to be ready for this new pup. To my surprise, Hubby had been doing dog searches for the past 3 months and found several to evaluate. For the most part, they didn't fit the need.

Then Hubby located Rurik. Rurik is a Borzoi Pup who was born in November and lives out in Maryland. Unbeknown to me, Hubby had contacted a close family friend and requested he go visit the pup and check him out. They made the plans and did not tell me. Yes, it was a BIG Surprise!

Next, I'm getting home from my Bible Study and Hubby sends me a text from the office to look online at a possible candidate. Reluctantly and with some timidation, I pulled up the website. It was now March 3rd.
I couldn't believe my eyes! He was the exact breed, the perfect size, the most beautiful golden red color, within the age range, and a perfect fit to my long list of needs. It was then that Hubby told me the friend would go out to see Rurik.

Now the tough part.  Hubby asked if the seller would work with us. That would be fine except the costs would go up when the dog got over 50lbs. And since he was flying out from Maryland to Colorado, it would be more than we could scratch together in a short time.

March 13th, while I am off at Bible Study, Hubby is requesting miracles!

I came home, grabbed a quick bite and got comfy infront of the PC. There was an office message from Hubby. 
"For CJ"
What in the world is this?, I thought.
I clicked the link to FaceBook and Hubby has set up a fundme account on FaceBook!LINK 
The new pup, Rurik! will be fully funded, training paid, and all travel paid with this blessing! Thank you all for your kindness & help in getting Rurik home to me!
 
Rurik's FB page is:   https://www.facebook.com/Rurik-RU-On-The-Go-351192135391761/
I miss Raider On The Go! Rurik will be my new Service Animal!
Thank you all for sharing in my Miracle!





Comments

Popular Posts