Gratefulness




  • Gender and Relationships

A Time To Be Greatful

CJD.Sign is a blogger, jewelry designer, promoter for Custom Gem Cutter Gemstones, cover artist for LC Cooper, Author.
Hi, Sweet Friends,

Gratefulness

Have you ever had times, in your life, when you were so grateful that all you could do was to smile? Have you gone through rough experiences in your life and smile? A smile changes your day, brightens your outlook, and even lightens your step. Smile when someone opens the door for you. Smile when you are at a restaurant. Smile at a stranger. Smile at a child. Smiling is a beautiful sign of gratefulness. Gratefulness is a choice. Scientists have proven the positive effect gratefulness has on the brain.

Studies

One study on gratitude showed that people who are genuinely grateful for situations in their lives have helped them from being depressed, lonely, or isolated. Some people in the study have had positive mental changes. Numerous people stopped using medications for their depression. How did they do it? They wrote truthfully in a gratitude journal.Part of this journaling was to detail three reasons why they were grateful. Positively improves your attitude. Now, this sounds like a good thing. What do you think?

Write Out Gratitudes



Journal Writing
Journal Writing | Source: CJD.Sign Photos

Gratitude Tips

1. Start a Gratitude Journal.
2. Write down three gratitudes.
3. Write about them daily.
4. Be honest with yourself.
5. Stay positive in your writing.
6. Journal writing should become a habit.





"Gratitude is the solution to anger and fear." -Tony Robins, Speaker


A Little Gratitude Goes A Long Way.
A Little Gratitude Goes A Long Way
CJD.Sign Photos |

Tony Robins

Tony Robins speaks about how gratitude and anger can't be simultaneous. He says that spending time being grateful, praying, and reflecting are part of his daily morning routine. He also mentions that "if you don't have 10 minutes for yourself, then you don't have a life." He gives you something to think about, doesn't he? Read the full interview with Tony Robbins on Thrive Global. LINK

10 Minutes

"If you don't have 10 minutes for yourself, then you don't have a life." -Tony Robins

Smile



Grateful Appreciation
Grateful Appreciation | Source
CJD.Sign Photos

Optimists

According to leading psychologists, people who live positive lives are happier. In the thought process of gratitude, one looks at the positives in life rather than everything negative. Optimists are more likely living lives of gratitude than their counterparts, the Pessimists.

Personalities

Optimist
Pessimist
Realist
A positive person
A negative person
Both positive and negative
Shows happy emmotions
Shows unpleasant emmotions
Shows empathetic emmotions
Sees the glass as half full
Sees the glass as half empty
Sees the glass needs refilling
Rosy outlook
Gloomy outlook
Accepting Outlook



Personalities vary in journaling styles.

  Source: CJD.Sign Photos

Strength In Gratefulness

I have spoken to many people, friends, and family members who say, "How can you be so strong with all you have been through?" and "Why aren't you angry because of all that has happened to you?" My response is that I am blessed to be here. I lean on God to get me through the tough times. My spiritual guidance has been since I was quite young. My injuries, disability, and my attitude have made me who I am today.

Positiveness Takes Practice

My son, who is now thirty, told me, "You're the strongest person I know." His attitude has made me think differently about myself. As a child, I was quite angry, hurt, and alone. My mother was physically and mentally abusive towards me. I accepted Jesus, in my life, at age 14. This event turned my world around. My life became focused more on others, rather than on myself. The angry, hurt, and the selfish girl I use to be is soon gone. I looked forward to each day I had. I became more aware of the beauty around me than of the hate that lived in my home. I learned that I could be thankful for my life, though hard. With my change in attitude, I became an Optimist.

Childlike Gratitude



Source
CJD.Sign Photos

Appreciate and Encourage

"The way to develop the best that is in a person is by appreciation and encouragement." —Charles Schwab
I am an Optimist. I focus on the good things in my life and not the bad. I know I am here for a purpose. I keep my chin up when life is hard. My purpose changes from day to day and situation to situation. I am grateful for my birth mother. I would not be the strong person I am today if I had not endured trials. I would not have found the perfect love I have in my husband, children, and grandchildren. They bring me such joy. I am grateful for them. I am grateful for my father and my step-mom. They are great parents. My parents are loving and kind.
"I'm grateful for every day, the good with the bad. Each day is a gift."-CJD.Sign

I'm Grateful




"I'm grateful for every day, the good with the bad. Each day is a gift."-CJD.Sign

10 Scientific ways to be happy:

  1. Pray or meditate
  2. Practice smiling
  3. Sleep More
  4. Enjoy family and friends
  5. Move closer to work
  6. Go outside frequently
  7. Help others
  8. Plan a trip
  9. Exercise 7 minutes a day
  10. Practice gratitude

My Gratitude Jourmal

I keep a Gratitude Journal, though I do slack sometimes, but in my prayer life, my gratitude abounds. I am working on making my Gratitude Journal a priority in my life. I am taking my 10 minutes for myself. I hope that you can too. It will truly change your life.
http://www.liveandlovework.com/2013/11/08/30-day-gratitude-challenge/
http://www.liveandlovework.com/2013/11/08/30-day-gratitude-challenge/
 Enjoy!

 Let’s connect!
Aside from email, social media is another great way to pick up updates from me.
Follow me on Twitter
Like my Facebook page

Pin my Pics on Pinterest
Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram


 http://customgemcutter.com

Comments

Popular Posts