Dr. Love - Leo Buscaglia ~ Book Review

Hi, Sweet Friends!

It's Valentine Month, February!

 
And there is no one that comes to mind who changed my life in such a dramatic way as Dr. Leo Buscaglia.  I was a very shy child. Brought up in a very unloving abusive home with a mother who was "classified" in many unhealthy catagories. I did not know what real love was until I read LOVE, by Leo Buscaglia. This book helped me to be the loving, caring, and gentle woman I am today.  

 "What you are is God's gift to you, what you do with yourself is your gift to God."_ Leo Buscaglia


LOVE, by Leo Buscaglia. "An examination of the delicate phenomenon of human love as the one unifying force of life. The author identifies barriers of love and suggests means of overcoming them. This book was inspired by Leo Buscaglia's ground-breaking Love Class at the University of Southern California."--Google Books
In reading reviews, as many book reviewers are very different people, many with totally different experiences when reading a book, this book had likes and dislikes. I liked it emensely and will love to read it again. I had purchased it at a book shop, when I was in High School. It taught me that I was loveable, that I mattered, that I could open myself up to loving others. At this time in my life, I was a shy, introverted girl living in a tight bubble. I wanted to change. This book changed my view of people. This book taught me how to love and that I was loved.

"The majority of us lead quiet, unheralded lives as we pass through this world. There will most likely be no ticker-tape parades for us, no monuments created in our honor. But that does not lessen our possible impact, for there are scores of people waiting for someone just like us to come along; people who will appreciate our compassion, our unique talents. Someone who will live a happier life merely because we took the time to share what we had to give. Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have a potential to turn a life around. It's overwhelming to consider the continuous opportunities there are to make our love felt." -- Leo Buscaglia

 "This book is about love. What it is and what it isn't. It is about you--and about everybody who has ever reached out to touch the heart of another. Among many other lessons of the heart, Leo Buscaglia reminds us: Love is open arms. If you close your arms about love you will find that you are left holding only yourself."--Google Books

 LOVE, teaches that "Love involves responsibility." and that "Love is life. And if you miss love, you miss life." 
"Only the weak are cruel. Gentleness can only be expected from the strong."--Leo Buscaglia

While many of us have read books that change the way we think, this book litterly changed my life. I remember when Leo Buscaglia died. That day I cried, knowing that he was the one person who really got me. Who, without personally knowing me, saved my life. I know he touched millions.
This is a good read. I believe that he had a true message of God's Love, the love we can never loose. I highly recommend this book!  You can find it HERE


Take a little time out today to Love.
It's worth your time!
Enjoy! 
Let’s connect!
Aside from email, social media is another great way to pick up updates from me.

Follow me on Twitter
Like my Facebook page

Pin my Pics on Pinterest
Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram
This article is also found on Hubpages in a more indepth article. https://hubpages.com/literature/Dr-Love-Leo-Buscaglia-Book-Review
https://www.customgemcutter.com/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

Comments

Popular Posts