Camera Photo Techniques

Hi, Sweet Friends!
I have been using my Canon Power Shot for the past 5 years and LOVE it! It was a gift to me from my Dad, when he got his new Canon. However, since then he has commented at how much better he likes mine than his new one. And I did offer to give it back, but he said he knows how much joy I am getting out of it. He is one of my blog readers! YAY!


“When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence.”
Ansel Adams


  Anyway, I have been trying out new and different photo techniques that have really surprised me! Here are some of the things I have tried and photos to go along with each technique.
Enjoy!

Source: Canon Support LINK
Source: Photography Pinterest LINK

The first technic I have tried is the plastic bag around the lens.
YIKES! It made Fancy look Grumpier than normal!


Love the look! It frames the Christmas Tree
The focus is bright with the flash.
No flash and it is still pretty.





Subject without flash.


Subject lit with flash.























But I'm really not impressed by the look of this.
 Next, I tried to shoot thru the rumpled bag, but there was too much bag and I really didn't like the look.
I may use these for back drops.

 







 Switching out the plastic bag for the piece of plastic wrap, gave a great look. I really like this. I used the rubberband to adjust the amount of blur in the photo.
I really love this look!


 


The tree still shows, but the lights just pop!










I would love to do this technique with the colored lights.




Softening the look is so cool!








Add caption

 

The next technique I tried was to take oil and put it in a circle around the outer edge of the camera lens.  I only put it slightly towards the center.
Sorry about the blurriness of the tablet! But you can see where I put the oil.

Criss-cross Pattern on the cellophane/plastic wrap.

The next thing I tried was to make criss-cross patterns over the cellophane lens in little patterns.
The lights appear to dance


I really like the look of this technique!


Mostly a blurred out photo.















Lights On.
Lastly, I tried to get a blurred light effect with the lights by using a night setting and moving the camera a bit when taking the photo.
This effect made everthing have an odd shadow.




Lights off.
Lights on.

I did like this last look very much! I think it gives it a warm glow. This is the Night Setting on the Canon.


I really like trying new things!! 
Won't you try something new today?

Enjoy!
Custom Gem Cutter Gemstones

 Let’s connect!
Aside from email, social media is another great way to pick up updates from me.
Follow me on Twitter
Like my Facebook page

Pin my Pics on Pinterest
Follow me on Pinterest 
Follow me on Instagram


Comments

Popular Posts